A beautiful unexpected moment, just brought tears to my eyes

Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I realized today when I saw all the responses to my little story how much more of an impact it had because I wrote it down and shared it. Normally, I would have been happy and maybe tell a friend and then let the memory die out.

The joy of last night's surprise caroling was expanded by writing it down so fast and capturing the moment and sending it out to all of you immediately.

I am so glad I had my computer open and SR open too. Running over to write up the anecdote felt a bit like a little kid who has just invented something and rushing to tell all the others about it.

Reading through other people's reactions has been so heartwarming too. So the good feelings get passed back and forth between this group, because the people here can be present and engaged and respond. That made me feel even better.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Beautiful...just beautiful
Old 12-14-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yes thanks for sharing that....it makes one feel like we're on the right path here, doesn't it?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What a lovely moment for you! I'm so glad you shared, your post brought tears to my eyes. joy comes from unexpected places.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What magical experience - we focus so often on the cold, cruel nature of strangers, but strangers can also be warm, loving and friendly. I've certainly had a compliment or a smile from someone I'd never met make my day on occasion. It's the simple fact that by not knowing you or having an expectation of your reactions, this group of angels showed you unconditional love. Agape! It's love without premonitory notion that is the most pure and beautiful. Amazing story. Thank you for sharing it and thank you for calling us your sober family! My heart is laid bare in these forums and everytime I celebrate, struggle, laugh, cry, question or comment, the people of SR are there for me and willing to show me the best part of human nature. I am grateful.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lastnight the yearly brass band visited the streets playing carols. Myself & the kids went out to watch & donate money.
As we watched I noticed something was out of place.
There was a women sitting on the back of the truck with the band & she seemed very enthusiastic yet not playing an instrument. Then I noticed she clapped & danced inappropriately & ruined it.
Something wasn't right.
The truck moved & she got off & danced down the street & gave the band the finger.
She was drunk & wasn't part of this band at all but a local alcoholic.
We watched her prance down the street & make a fool of herself.
Not sure if God was showing me another message here but made me realise how detroying alcohol is.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, I could picture it all in my mind. It's easy sometimes to firget that there are good things amongst the sad lonely days. I was glad to have tears of joy for a change. Thank you.