Treatment or Divorce. Pick one.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Phillip Phillips - Home - YouTube

This was on my radio when I got in my truck to go to work last night. It hits me to the core of how I want him to feel. Not be afraid. To settle down. I want him to find his inner peace, not for me but for him. He deserves peace.
Thank you for the link. Love phillip phillips. This is a great song for that
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey, been in your situation (I still am, sort of). Was getting tired of the ridiculous drinking, choosing booze over me/his job, etc. he was never cruel to me but seriously needed to grow up. Ended up filing for divorce - it will be finalised in Jan. I gave him the same ultimatum but realised I wouldn't get over him basically ignoring me for years while he drank and used drugs, even if he did stop. It broke my heart but I did it. Now have no money, can barely afford rent/food, but I am so much calmer and happier now. It's been a tough road but worth it. I would hope they would get better but after listening to excuses and lies for so long I was done. So, what I'm saying is - you deserve to be happy/treated with respect/loved, and if you're not getting that, get rid of him. Maybe you leaving will change something in him, but maybe it won't. You are worth so much more than this.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I told him to grow the fawk up yesterday before I left for work.

He just told me a bit ago that he wanted one last fling. I was like WHAT?! He said that's what I was doing because I know it's over. SMH... What the hell do you say to that? QUACK QUACK

I told him, I will leave and you can't hide it! Try as you may, I know when you drink and it's not a threat but a promise and I don't know when I'll come back, if I do. He says, I know. I said, You have to kill this DEMON Jim. It has to be over. He said, I know.

Time will tell. But he p!sses on my leg and tells me it's raining. He gives me no reason to believe him other than what I see and that will take time.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm lucky. Wife was quietly in stage 3 on her way to 4 when we met and it got awful. When it did I could not deal with it and made her leave. When she came back it was clearly stated that I will not watch her die.

I'm saying I'm lucky because had it taken years to get that bad I might not have been as stunned because it would be more gradual - sounds like many are in that situation and it is a lot harder to change the rules midstream.

That's got to be harder :-(