interlock device?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

interlock device?

Anybody have experience with it?
Ah has court tomorrow and was told this could happen.
Hes never had one before and even though I understand how it works and knew people who did. Dont get the ins and out.
Does it help? Cost? Functionality?

Anyhow im hoping thats what he gets but curious as to hearing from others.
Wont know yet till tomorrow hopefully . A bit nervous but excited....which is disturbing to think. Excited to know what he gets finally and excited to have him do probation etc that he may be looking at. Cause and effect....this being the effect.
Thanks all
Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If he ordered to put an interlock device in it there will be costs involved for the initial install and monthly cost as well. He will have to take the car in to be downloaded each month and sometimes this is a drive to another town (it was a 45 minute trip for some people in our city to a neighboring city). They are not necessarily consumer friendly at these places as they have state contracts so their customer is the government.

It is not cheap and it will require care and attention and become a part of life for the A until removed.

If you borrow the car you will have to "blow" to keep it running.

Hopefully there will be some positive impact on your A but other than that not much to look forward to for you...
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

My experience is that the device is inexpensive to lease. The reason being because there are so many DUI's & there are many different providers. Competition reduces the cost in any industry. The device is not 100% accurate & various foods & other beverages could set it off. Of course, he could also drive "high as a kite' & drive the car. It requires the driver to blow as the car is moving (every 15min or so) so the local bartender or other friend can't blow into it & then have your husband drive off.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Thanks.
So the courts dont hook you up with one you go look around for one when youve been court ordered?
Do you know what stores would sell them then...just wondering. Im clueless in this . Im sure theyll tell him but I like knowing or knowing more ..lol
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

this, it varies in every state. They will give him a list of Alcohol Monitor companies. You typically no longer have to drive in anywhere to exchange the device. They mail a new one out to you every few months & you send the old one in. The devices have improved since they first came to the market. He will get use to it after a few days.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Ok cool. Thanks. Im crossing my fingers thats what he gets like I said could go two ways. Will just have to see