When the Time is Right

Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

When the Time is Right

Friday, December 7, 2012

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

When the Time is Right

There are times when we simply do not know what to do, or where to go, next. Sometimes these periods are brief, sometimes lingering.

We can get through these times. We can rely on our program and the disciplines of recovery. We can cope by using our faith, other people, and our resources.

Accept uncertainty. We do not always have to know what to do or where to go next. We do not always have clear direction. Refusing to accept the inaction and limbo makes things worse.

It is okay to temporarily be without direction. Say, "I don't know," and be comfortable with that. We do not have to try to force wisdom, knowledge, or clarity when there is none.

While waiting for direction, we do not have to put our life on hold. Let go of anxiety and enjoy life. Relax. Do something fun. Enjoy the love and beauty in your life. Accomplish small tasks. They may have nothing to do with solving the problem, or finding direction, but this is what we can do in the interim.

Clarity will come. The next step will present itself. Indecision, inactivity, and lack of direction will not last forever.

Today, I will accept my circumstances even if I lack direction and insight. I will remember to do things that make myself and others feel good during those times. I will trust that clarity will come of its own accord.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Many a sailor have been adrift on a lifeboat or vessel. While looking and waiting for land or rescue, some tried to force solutions, panicked or went crazy. Others fished, chatted, ate, read, slept and took care of themselves or the crew. All of them prayed for help in their own way.

Who fared best, regardless of the outcome?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oooh, boy, did I need this one today. Having a tough day, for some reason.

I feel like I'm spinning today.. What I'm struggling with is figuring out what is unhealthy (fear-based) compromise vs what is healthy (love-based) compromise. It's so hard to tell, but I guess that is what today's reading is all about.

Thank you!!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for this lovely reminder- enjoying the day - writing an offer on a house for wonderful clients, spending time with my son- just living life and enjoying the day. Clarity will come and for that I am grateful!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great read! Thank you. It can be easy to lose sight of this, thank you for the reminder, I needed it.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been arguing with myself, and I am a great arguer (shoulda been a lawyer.) Whichever part of me wins, I still still lose. Needless to say, I'm feeling very lost lately.
I really needed this today. Thank you!