The hits just keep on coming....

Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The hits just keep on coming....

So, my RA husband has 2 DUIs. His first one in 2009 and his second in 2011. We are from IL and our town his super strict with DUIs. He is off probabtion for his second one, but has not gotten his license back yet. We have a new baby, so did not have the money for him to go to Springfield to try and get it back. Plus, we could not afford the blow device that would have to be put in his truck.
He has continued to drive and got pulled over the other day. The cop randomly ran his plates and stopped him b/c the male on the truck title came up as having a suspended license.
I know that he should not have been driving without a license, but I gave up trying to tell him that. It was just one of those arguments that I chose to avoid b/c I knew he was still going to do it. I am guilty too, b/c I knew what a pain in the ass it would be if he didn't drive. (especially with a new baby and my hectic work schedule) Soooo, on top of everything else I have been going thru, now he is going to have MORE huge fines to pay and who knows what will happen with the license situation!
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar. I am just trying to figure out what kind of consequenses he is looking at (how much in fines, jail time?, etc)
I have posted other times that I feel like I have lost all feelings for him, I try to be affectionate but I don't even want to! Now with all of this, I really just feel like my life would be so much simpler without him in it!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for your troubles. Is this the future you want for your child? Your AH is making his choices, you are entitled to make ones too.

Have you considered/attended Alanon? It can really help.

Good luck