Miserable

Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Patsy-

I am sorry. Liver failure is a miserable and painful way to pass. I will keep you both in my prayers, that God grant you both acceptance of His will.

Blessings,

Zube
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am sorry but at the moment I'm finding it difficult to understand what part of God's plan this total awfulness is.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patsy22 View Post
I am sorry but at the moment I'm finding it difficult to understand what part of God's plan this total awfulness is.
Sorry Patsy, here is what I was trying to suggest,

"It seems almost too simple to be true, but acceptance -- accepting things exactly as they are -- can be the key that unlocks the door to happiness.
After John 3:16, it may be one of the most quoted passages in literature. It's from Page 449 (first 3 editions, pg. 417 in the 4th edition) of Alcoholics Anonymous or The Big Book as it is widely known:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. "

Kindest thoughts and prayers,
Zube
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Acceptance

Thank you
I suppose somehow I have to accept that my life is never going to be the same again. In some ways my life is already enriched because I am starting to do things I had stopped when I was in this relationship because at first he behaved so badly when drunk that I was anxious if I was at yoga or singing class. The sad thing is that over the last years he had almost stopped drinking and all the abuse and the violence were gone. I do forgive him and I feel really sorry for him. All this stuff with his family is really hurting me though I could cope with not seeing him if he could get through this for himself. It will take me a lot longer to forgive them though.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Patsy,

I find comfort in repeating the Serenity Prayer. Here is my edited version:

Grant me the serenity to accept things I can not change (people, places, things)
The courage to change the things I can, (me myself and I)
and the Wisdom to know the difference.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Patsy, I am so sorry for your pain. I pray that you find a meeting, therapy, divine guidance -- anything that will give you comfort and strength Feeling helpless is so hard.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Is there anyone who can talk to the family - a minister, someone with a heart who could arrange for you two to maybe have some some contact - to get some closure (for you) ? *Hugs*