Decesions I've Made for Me...

Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Decesions I've Made for Me...

I found this place at a very low point in my life. I was quite devisted over what I've been witnessing in my relatively new marriage with is riddled with quackisms and alcohol from my wonderful husband.

I am going to stick it out with him because I am not physically abused and neither is he. We are finacially stable because of him and of course I do love him so very much. It's not perfect but I feel, even if he wasn't an alcoholic, we could pick apart some aspect of our lives as a whole that aren't perfect. His alcoholism just tops it off so with that said, I've made some important decisions for me to be happy on his bad days (What I really mean is, *His drunk days*)

#1 I am done looking for his sh!t.
I'm not doing it anymore because even if I know he's drinking, it drives me batty trying to look for the proof when he is already showing me through his actions. What's the sence?!!! I'm not doing it! I can't control it!

#2 I am not asking him to seek counseling anymore.
He won't go anyway so why waste my breath. He has mentioned going. Followed through on setting up appointments and then the day or night before told me he doesn't want to go, his words... *I have all the tools I need from being sober for 20 years BUT I'll go for you!* Uhhhhhhmmmmmm.... No thanks Baby. If you don't want to go for you, by all means, don't do it for me! * I can't cure it!

#3 I will not watch him drink in our home.
If he wants to drink (and he will) I am leaving for the night if I'm not going to work or the day with our dogs. I'm just not up for sitting here wondering what the hell he's going to ramble on about or put myself in a position for him to tell me to shut the fawk up because I still have to work on me controlling my mouth. HEY.... I'm a work in progress! I can't control it in some aspects! LMAO
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those sound like wise decisions to look after you . Very insightful.
You are right...the only thing you can control is YOU, not the AH.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've only one meeting of ALANON under my belt and it's the one thing that stuck. Make ME Happy!

I plan on going back it's just that right now, I'm stuck right in the middle of rifle season and that is for ME! It's almost over and I will go when it's done. It's like Santie Clause... it only comes but once a year!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree! Making YOU happy is very important. I dont believe it is selfish...it is self care. Big difference.