Just one of those days...

Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Just one of those days...

Today is one of those days I am just sitting and thinking about the past. It is really bumming me out today. I keep trying to shift my thoughts to the present, but I keep shifting back.

I guess my bummy state is due to a discussion my husband and I had. I am pleased to say that we are doing well. He is doing great in his sobriety and I am taking care of myself one day at a time. In our couples counseling he discussed an issue with his personal psychiatrist, and that he does not feel able to freely and openly discuss his issues any longer. He said he has a hard time getting a word in during his visits with him. He has stopped seeing him because of this. I know it is HIS responsibility to make sure his mental health is in check, but I am starting to see signs of his depression issues returning. He has a lack of interest in most that he found enjoyable, and he just wants us to lay around and watch movies all the time at home. This is not normal since he is an outdoorsman mostly. I voiced my concerns to him, and I know that that is all I can do.

It is up to him to find a psychiatrist or therapist that he can click better with, but for whatever reason I can’t stop thinking about what this could cause if he doesn’t get his depression in line. I am replaying the past. It is driving me crazy today.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh I am sorry!

Is your husband on medication and if so is there a chance he has stopped taking it?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, you've been around long enough to know that you gotta detach.

But I feel your pain. I'd be concerned too.

It's a hard time of the year for folks with depression (and other mental illnesses!) with the light going away because of winter, so a lack of Vitamin D, as well as the holidays. Winter can make some folks lethargic and want to just eat carbs.

Prayers he gets tired of himself being depressed and again seeks help,
~T
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

I'm feeling a bit better now. I went and spent the evening with my mom shopping and out for frozen yogurt. It was a nice evening.

Yes, he is on medication. He's on a low dose anti depressant. He did say he had forgotten to take it for a few days and remembered them when he started getting dizzy spells caused from the withdrawal. I suggested that he set a reminder on his phone as I do for my daily vitamin.

Tomorrow is our couple's counseling. I'm looking forward to it. She is very helpful.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Vitamin D, I agree, and a special light lamp if affordable.

Glad he figured out he was off his meds.

All the best including sunshine!