Never ending story.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
:-(

Never ending story.

Last night A mother was wasted, I went down to the toilet and could hear her slurring in the beer garden, with our cook, his partner and the guy mother had an affair with.
I went to the back door to listen to her, as she sounds funny when she slurs, turns out she fell over again and banged her head, (after fracturing her skull a couple of weeks ago while drunk,) but still wanted to carry on drinking, as usual. When the cook and partner went to get more drinks from the bar, mother said she will pay, if they bring her a pint of cider, she was hugging the the man she had the affair with, and he was saying how he was not impressed with mother getting a new bloke, and she could have at least told him, not just start hugging and kissing the new bloke in front of him, they have been seeing each other even when mother got the new guy!!!!!
So I left her to it and went back upstairs to my movie and knitting. (god I sound like an old woman, hate being this sick)
So about 9.30pm my dad phoned me, I told him she had fallen over again, and while I was on the phone I heard her stagger up to bed, so knew she was ok, well hopefully.
At 7.30am this morning she was shouting me, trying to wake me up, so I could go open the front door to her ex husband to let her dog in. All because she has a new bloke n ex is not happy about it, Nothing to do with me!!!!!
I ignored her completely, I don't sleep well at the minute but she doesn't know this.
Then an hour later she was shouting me again, because she has lost her phone, and needs it to do wages, so I had to get up out of bed and go check cctv with her. We looked everywhere, still can't find it.
She is so hungover and just came asking if I had a spare phone, but she is just expecting sympathy, saying she is having the worst day ever, blah blah blah.....guilt trip, guilt trip.........
My dad keeps telling me to be nice to her and go out for coffee with her, which I definitely don't want to do. Haven't heard from my aunty yet, who is lending me money to get a flight home. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! !!!!!

Got an appointment with a counselor tomorrow, hopefully they can help me a little. fingers crossed. so scared though, I hate talking about this rubbish face to face. That's why I love this site.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

So sorry that all this is being forced upon you!

Nevertheless, you are making very wise choices.

Have you gone to Alateen or Al-Anon meetings?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

no, as we live in a pub and mother wants her privacy as she is the landlady, I am apparently not allowed to talk to anyone about mother, but then sometimes she tells me I should go see a shrink, that I am mad, seeing and hearing things, because she is so drunk she doesn't know what is happening. I have been waiting so long for an appointment with a counselor, when I went to the doctor last week, they said the letter had been sent, mother opens my mail ''accidentally'' so think that's why I haven't seen the letter!!!!!
Although she is allowed to sit downstairs in the bar when drunk and talk to the man she had an affair with, and is sill seeing and talk about me, the other night she was saying how I broke up her 2nd marriage and I ruined her life etc etc. Like I said she had an affair, not my fault!!!!
One rule for me and another for her it seems. I just want to get out of here. Don't know how much longer I can put up with it.
She is at the solicitors now about her divorce, so she will come home and either sit and get drunk n forget it all, or she will come up and expect sympathy from me!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really pray for you that you can get out of this soon! Getting help will hopefully help you mentally! I wish you the best and try really hard to just stay out of her way like it sounds like your doing now.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

You do what you need to do for YOU. See the counselor. Go to Al-Anon. Don't mind what your alcoholic mom says, as alcoholics often try to manipulate us into not going ... but be safe. You are 27, an adult. It is your right and you are in desperate need of face-to-face support!

****{Hugs}}} and courage sent your way!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you both, I agree, she is very manipulative, but I can't say or do anything as she just denies it, I'm just waiting till the money hits my bank, then I know I'm out of here, and away from her, Getting my head slowly round having no contact with her, I really don't want to. She has disrespected me so much, at the minute I hate her, I love her and always will, but hate her so much at the minute, I am her only child, she is not meant to do this!!!!
But I'm getting there slowly. thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Originally Posted by renegayd View Post
I can't say or do anything ...
This is what she would have you believe by manipulating, denying and abusing you. You need Al-Anon just as much as you need being on SR right now. She didn't stop you from doing that. Don't let her keep you from Al-Anon. Just do it, as Nike says.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You're right, she is not meant to do this.
I pray for you & sending hugs.