So drained and weepy

Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So drained and weepy

So I got back yesterday from a week in an ashram. (its another story). I arrived home to the news my last child is moving out - empty nest - sob! Legal letters about a divorce my AH is gagging for (why I know not?) which I have no energy for. There is a stack of bills which just highlight the financial chaos that has been going on for so long, except now its just my problem as AH is not with me. And email from AH saying I was never nice to him!! We have two kids I'm pretty sure I was nice at least twice. Why on earth is he hitting me over the head with this divorce so much? He knows I don't want it right now - and I'm not the alcoholic and abusive one?? Now I have come down with flu, my positivity of the last few days seem to have flown out of the window. I just want to cry and not stop. Anybody else out there feel like this?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

You are exhausted!
Please be gentle with yourself and get the rest your body needs today.

Remember HALT:

We don't make healthy decisions when we are:

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

I need to take care of those things before I can focus energy on other challenges. Meet your own needs, you are worth the time and energy.

Can you make a mental gratitude list?
Things you are thankful for today?
Like a home to return to after a trip.
A warm bed to sleep in.
Two great kids.
A world wide support system.
And waking up on this side of the dirt!

(((hugs)))
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

what I found out in recovery was
H A L T

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

That I was emotionally ALL of these things ~ and physically some of these things too ~

Recovery taught me it was ok to step back from all I was dealing with and give myself some of the TLC I needed to make it thru these tough times ~

sounds like you need some emotionally healing time for all you are facing ~

Pink hugs,
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,
Going to an ashram sounds like fun...

Yeah my axbf told me all kinds of things when we broke up, he claimed I wasn't nice to him and he didn't "like" me... they are quacking. Breaking up hurts and he is probably very angry and you're the one he's directing his anger at. My divorce was not easy and some mean things were said on both sides.

It's okay to be sad, you're going through an ordeal and lots of feelings will come up. There will be bad days and there will be good days. Hang in there... and take care of you!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are wiped out. Take some time to recover.

I have found that along with HALT, S...for sick is a major one for me. I had the flu a few weeks ago and I can honestly say that it is the lowest that I have felt so far since leaving my STBXAH.

Sleep, eat well (if you can eat anything being sick and all).

I think that you will find once your health has improved that your over all mood will be better. Take it easy on yourself.