He Started Drinking Again!!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was on my way home from swimming and seen his car in his driveway which was not typical for him. I stopped in to his house and he was loaded. This was on Monday I told him not to contact me until he is sober.

I get a call from him this morning telling me he is going into detox. That's when I told him good luck. blah blah you know the rest. Tomorrow night is the beginning of my rebirth.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

dollydo- Are you asking me if I am still no contact or if the original poster is no contact? Either way, I can answer. I have cycled in and out of contact since I first left 2 years ago. I have tried getting back together with him on several occasions throughout that 2 years. I have broken no contact several times. I have not seen him in a long time and have not talked to him in a long time. I have noticed that at times I get comfortable and complacent in my recovery and then I slip I break my rule. I live so far away and am highly unreachable so I think I am fine. Then I got word that he is moving back to my hometown where I plan to go back to at some point in the next few months. That made me realize a few things and it triggered me. I am pretty sure he is doing that to be close to me. It would be very difficult if I saw him. I felt comfortable in knowing he was not around.