Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Recovering Alocholic BF broke up with me!:'( Feel like dying!

Recovering Alocholic BF broke up with me!:'( Feel like dying!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wynter View Post
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. In a similar circumstance, so can totally relate to how devastating this is. The worst part is the 'not knowing', and then you keep going back to yourself and what you did or didn't do to cause this.

Truth is, it isn't YOU. From all I've learned/read on these forums, these relationships with A's, recovered or not, are madness in the making. I know how much this hurts to have someone just turn and walk out of your life, and with no reason...it rips to the very core, and is damaging, no matter how long the relationship was.

Thing is, we, as 'normals' would never do that to someone. If something was wrong, we'd address it, and if it wasn't fixable, then it would be over. Everyone would know where they stood. Yes, still hurt...but not like THIS.

THIS, which is their way of acting, actually their self-defense mechanism is simply unfathomable to me. It speaks of a coldness and callusness that is truly hard to understand. After all, we loved them...how could we have missed this before it all came back and cut us to the core?

There are no magic cures, my friend. I wish so too. I feel your pain. He's an assclown. In the long run you will be better off...and you will grow from this. A hard life lesson, one I wouldn't wish on anyone...but we are there together. I too am struggling.

I wish you peace. Remember..love shouldn't be this hard.

He isn't worth it. Try and shift your focus if you can. Post here whenever you need support.

sending hugs.
Thanks for your post..... Ya it really hurts when someone whom we trusted the most is betraying us.. Ya love shouldnt be this hard anyways.. Thanks for the reply...
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I agree with everything that Sadheart has said.

This isn't about anything other than after a month he decided that you just weren't the one for him.

I would work on finding who you really are and find what makes you happy. Obsessing over a guy isn't the answer.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

You are right, its not worth worrying "losing" this person... (no one owns anyone anyway)

In fact, it is great news!

I would organize a party. Or at least a visit to the manicure.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maylie View Post
I agree with everything that Sadheart has said.

This isn't about anything other than after a month he decided that you just weren't the one for him.

I would work on finding who you really are and find what makes you happy. Obsessing over a guy isn't the answer.
Thanks for your answer. But the thing is if he has decided that I am not the one for him on some basis I will not be obssessing over this.. Breakups do occur.. He said I am really a very good person and there is nothing to do about me this really confuses me..We were mad about each other and all of a sudden he is behaving exactly the opposite to hurt me .. this makes no sense....This is not what a person does when they love someone..I didnt do anything to make him angry or hurt him.. If I am the reason I wont be posting this looking for answers...!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

The ex alcoholic boyfriend behaved like that as well.

One day I was the most loved woman.
The next day I was non-existant in his life.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde syndrome. To me it sounds he is drinking again. And even if he isn't- he is a jerk.

Save time and find out why you liked this man in the first place. Don't be like me, going out with man after man, different body but same abusive patterns.

I have spent too much money in therapy and wasted to many days and nights of life crying when I could have enjoyed them and done something worthwhile.

I could have spent that therapy money in clothes and shoes!

So I strongly suggest a visit to a counselor or therapist now while you are still young. You'll feel better and reap the rewards for many years to come...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Confusedgirl14 View Post
... this makes no sense....This is not what a person does when they love someone....
Precisely. This is how you know he doesn't love you. It makes perfect sense.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are hurting but I can certainly understand but likely you will never be able to understand. I don't have a clue but if I had to guess then I would say he's headed or is drinking again. One thing for certain ....he's selfish! Keep reading on this site....you might find the best thing that ever happened for you was for him to leave. Saved you lots of pain down the road....sorry to say but I think that's true!