i may have over reacted

Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

i may have over reacted

talked to my ah today and he told me he hasnt drank in 5 days and he ignored my calls texts because he was hurt puking frustrated etc and that he had gone to aa 3xs and his mother had come over everyday ive been gone. i asked him if he wants to be and stay siber he said ye. did i over react was my leaving what he needed? am i getting too excited and my hopes up with this?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yes,I'd say so. We codies want to jump back in feet first at any slight glimmer of hope.

Sit back, watch his actions, give it time, be encouraged and leave it at that.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thislonelygirl View Post
am i getting too excited and my hopes up with this?
Probably. 5 days is nothing in the big picture. Sorry. Don't second-guess yourself, you did what you felt you needed to do at that point in time.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you leave to punish him? Try to goad him into sobriety? Or did you leave to focus on yourself and your own recovery?

It makes a difference. If you didn't leave for you, then you still have to choose recovery for yourself. When you do that, questions like "did I over react" and "am I getting my hopes up" might not seem as important.

I certainly hope his efforts at sobriety are sincere. There is always more to be revealed. More so, however, I hope you are taking this time away to tend to yourself.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Actions speak louder than words.
Take some time out for yourself.
If he is serious he will continue with his action & then you will know.
There is no need for you to jump right back in as I fear that will do more damage to you both than good.
If he is serious he will need to do it for himself & will be hard. It he remains sober, and I mean for quite some time, then you can decide if you want to go back.
One day at a time, take time for yourself & wait & see if his actions speak louder than words.
Big hugs, I know it's hard.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I want to second what DollyDo said.

dandylion

always---watch the ACTIONS (talk can be sooo cheap)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

i havent seen actions since ive been at families house for a week. ive only talked to him.
havent seen him and yes 5 days in the scheme of things isnt long...i just hope it continues.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Did you leave to punish him? Try to goad him into sobriety? Or did you leave to focus on yourself and your own recovery?

It makes a difference. If you didn't leave for you, then you still have to choose recovery for yourself. When you do that, questions like "did I over react" and "am I getting my hopes up" might not seem as important.

I certainly hope his efforts at sobriety are sincere. There is always more to be revealed. More so, however, I hope you are taking this time away to tend to yourself.
I left for him to seek recovery which is the main reason i left but secondly for me to get a break from the chaos as well.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

so i did get verification the hes been running. he hasnt drank and hes been meditating and i just got off the phone with him he said he feels weird now and that he thinks he talks funny now since not drinking. i know its early but im very happy that hes doing this . im glad hes trying and me leaving was the biggest step in him getting recovery. he hasnt taken these kind of steps before but like i said ive never been gone this long and put my foot down like i have this time. so im glad i made that decision