Found a book in my dresser drawer

Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found a book in my dresser drawer

I found a book today that my AH gave me when I was pregnant with our son(about 15 years ago). Let me preface by saying that I am a Christian and at the time we were attending church and involved in Bible groups and such.

The book is titled, "The Act of Marriage" and it's about sexual love and Christianity and has all kinds of stats about sex stuff and talks about how great sex is for Christians, etc. Anyway, he gave me this book as a combo birthday and mother's day present when I was pregnant. In it he wrote a note card that said, "maybe this will help you with being a mother." Ummm, how is a book on sex going to help me become a good mother? I never understood it and he was sober at the time(he was sober for a few years early on in our marriage but never worked a program).

Just thought it was funny that I found it today, I had forgotten about it. My labrador had chewed off the top right corners of the book way back when, too. Maybe she was trying to tell me something?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

dandylion
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Actually, I got the wording wrong. It really read: this might help with being a mother.

He started the card by wishing me a happy birthday and mother's day. Weird how even 15 years later this card is a reminder of the sickness I've lived with in my home.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dogs have impeccable instincts.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Shaking my head here.
Mine gave me a book on "how to be a better wife and mother"... You know, back when I was working full time and handling all the kids' activities and homework and stuff and still had dinner on the table and clean clothes for everybody and he was passed out drunk on the couch by 6 pm on a daily basis.

So I guess he thought I really needed that book. And I didn't even have a dog that could chew it up.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Dogs have impeccable instincts.
Yeah, maybe she was trying to tell me something about my cooking, too? She chewed up 3 cookbooks on me once, LOL!