Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

my ex addict boyfriend broke up with me but now he is back for sex

my ex addict boyfriend broke up with me but now he is back for sex

Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Love all the feedback thank u and many of u i agree with so thanks i have much to sort out in the end . i do other things that release great feelings like sex except the real thing sometime better lol i am happy i asked on here thanks everyone is all i can say!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ilovehim1104 View Post
@ joinedintime....one more thing when he texted me that day asking for sex he made a comment that it kills him to think of using me that way so how is able to? this mayb alot to ask of u to answer of someone whom u do not knw but ur insight may help me tons!
Sounds like he was just admitting that he knows he's using you and was disarming you my saying it himself before you could say it. My advice is to think carefully and honestly with yourself about who you let into your life and how/when you do it..and keep asking others here for their input.

Take care of yourself
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

from the balcony i say....... casual sex is one thing, having casual sex with someone you have a "history" with is a recipe for disaster. Sooner or later those past feelings and memories are going to resurface. Then what?

no matter how comfortable you may feel today, someone is going to get emotional attached and then you are right back to all the pain and hurt of the original break-up.

please proceed with caution. play with fire you will eventually get burned.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
Sounds like he was just admitting that he knows he's using you and was disarming you my saying it himself before you could say it. My advice is to think carefully and honestly with yourself about who you let into your life and how/when you do it..and keep asking others here for their input.

Take care of
i am so grateful for this site...its always when i feel good about me i just became a nurse and have so many more attainable goals to reach so i feel i am confortable and love me just when emotions r involved i need to knw better but i sometimes fool myself in believing i can do this the more i reply and talk on here i am gettin down to the core which i love but no one wants to take alook inside i was jus lookin at the surface....but i. can walk away and from this day i am believing more i should . i have just kept thinking if i am doing this for pure pleasure ur ok well as i see how o am replying to these commrnts its much than that. sucks to admiy but honesty and consistency r key to success in my life. i also think "sick" that mayb he will see "what he is missing" but who am i fooling ? ME sad how i do this to myself and glad i am being totally honesty here so thanks everyone i wana cty rt nw seriously...miss hard outershell lol thanks!

Last edited by DesertEyes; 11-04-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

another part is he comes over randomly he never came over with callingor texting something first is thqat his way of knwing he can trust me he clearly has them issues...also texts to ask me to see if I wana go eat or meetings with him...so I guess beside my most like beng hurt the more I look at the situation he seems to b stay close so knw one else can or hm idk
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I fool myself into believing I can do things, too. I think everybody here has. That's why SR works!! We may not like what we hear, but there's a lot of collective wisdom.

I just think pleasure could be found somewhere less risky to your heart and self-esteem, ya know? Whatever you do, we support your right to do it even if we don't personally agree. Just be careful of yourself - not everyone out there has your best interests in mind.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sueski View Post
I fool myself into believing I can do things, too. I think everybody here has. That's why SR works!! We may not like what we hear, but there's a lot of collective wisdom.

I just think pleasure could be found somewhere less risky to your heart and self-esteem, ya know? Whatever you do, we support your right to do it even if we don't personally agree. Just be careful of yourself - not everyone out there has your best interests in mind.
Thank u so much and its so true I love this site and appreciate everyone insight I am opening my eyes once again...has anyone ever hear of EA emotions anonymous?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post

Take care of yourself
he is leaving on vacay for 2wks so that will help me for sure
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I have been in similar situations and I was never able to "just have sex" without some sort of emotional mess. While it might have been gratifying in the moment, it always created some sort of emotional mess that just wasn't worth it. Just my experience.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmieh View Post
I have been in similar situations and I was never able to "just have sex" without some sort of emotional mess. While it might have been gratifying in the moment, it always created some sort of emotional mess that just wasn't worth it. Just my experience.
thanks! good name i have a good advantage because we dnt live in the same city and its days between contact and this is the first contact we have had for 3months so i kinda feel numb its like i knw i am ok either way does it suck yes! but the famous saying is "it is what is". i am happy to hear from those who have been in this situation of course.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Some things condoms won't protect you from.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I know this guy who I was totally infatuated with. There always was this attraction when we saw each other, which wasn't often because we always lived far apart. I was always convinced that I could just enjoy the moment with him and I was always emotionally involved afterwards. Looking back, the meetings during which we were not physical left me feeling much better and relaxed. But I was in total denial at the time and always wasted lots of time dealing with some sort of emotional turmoil (he was also very manipulative and I was the perfect "victim").
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kudzujean View Post
Some things condoms won't protect you from.
i am a nurse so i aware but thanx!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmieh View Post
I know this guy who I was totally infatuated with. There always was this attraction when we saw each other, which wasn't often because we always lived far apart. I was always convinced that I could just enjoy the moment with him and I was always emotionally involved afterwards. Looking back, the meetings during which we were not physical left me feeling much better and relaxed. But I was in total denial at the time and always wasted lots of time dealing with some sort of emotional turmoil (he was also very manipulative and I was the perfect "victim").
i am as well i swear when i see my xabf as much as i can pretend super cool and that we r real good friends but i am melting. inside because i to am the perfect victim...which i feel is worse because i am aware of such deteriorating behavior yet continue to do it...hmmmm sounds like the definition of insanity ...i am so glad i posted this i have so much insight from everyone and appreciate every comment neg/positive
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I did this once with my first serious boyfriend, during our time together he managed to get addicted to pain medication, and it went downhill from there.

After the whole thing, he wanted to try to FWB thing, and I went with it, because I still loved him and all that, and hey, some attention is better than none, right? WRONG!!!! He hurt me even worse after that than when we really broke up!

I actually did not speak to him again for years, until he was working on Step 9 and called me out of the blue. I still talk to him today, but we both know that is all it is ever going to be (I am in a relationship but even if I was single that is how it would be).

So I am not going to tell you what to do. What I do think is that you should just be careful. Worry about how it is going to hurt you, and do not worry about him so much. I guarantee you, he is not worrying about your feelings at all. So if you think you can emotionally handle it, because it is much harder than you would think, go ahead. Because if you aren't ready, you are really going to damage yourself, and it would be really bad for you.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

i guess u do care..
if it was a real FWB you would be ok with him sleeping with other women.. which it doesn't sound like you are....real FWB means you don't even have the right to know

I was in a similar position... he would text, drop by etc
I had to go full NO CONTACT
I even had to tell people I didn't want to hear about his activities..
See, by him being in your life.. you are still connected, atrached.. you cannot move on..
if the perfect man for you saw you at starbucks.. you wouldnt see him and he probably wouldnt approach you because your energy is with another man..
as long as you stay in contact, your heart stays open and this stuff about sex would eventually come up..
most importantly (speaking from experience) you keep the wound OPEN and it can't heal..
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

sorry i did not read as much as i could...

i was to busy TAKING OUT THE TRASH.....
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sounds like lots of drama and somebody will get their feelings hurt - most likely you...

you can find your hookup somewhere else, I am sure.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fourmaggie View Post

lol thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by fourmaggie View Post

Wow. A bit harsh. This forum is all about helping one another & not making judgements. I'm guessing that those who are judging the original poster are a bit older & from a different generation? Times are changing with regards to sex, marriage, child raising ect....