SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT: Happy Halloween! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/272846-ot-happy-halloween.html)

Florence 10-31-2012 05:25 AM

OT: Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, folks! :a122:

DS13 is bringing a friend over after school and I'm going to turn them into scary guys and then unleash them on all the candy. Not sure if I'm taking the little one out yet because it's so cold and windy.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

What are you doing today?

SparkleKitty 10-31-2012 06:01 AM

After a very rough several days, I am meeting up with my H and two other couples for an Italian dinner (not scary) followed by a play about zombies (hopefully very scary)! Happy Halloween all on SR!

MamaKit 10-31-2012 06:07 AM

Trick or treating with an 11 year old Darth Vader and a nine year old futuristic flesh stalker (really just a silver mask and a black tunic with cobwebs). After that I imagine a fierce bedtime battle against two sugar-laden, tired boys.
Wouldn't want it any other way. Can't wait!
Happy Halloween everyone.

P.S.
I heard Warren Zevon's Warewolves of London on the radio this morning. I love that song and it totally got me in the spirit!

akalacha 10-31-2012 06:42 AM

Halloween isn't celebrated here where I live. The big celebration comes tomorrow on All Saints Day, or Day of the Dead. And it is a celebration, with flowers, parades, music, festive foods, etc.

FireSprite 10-31-2012 07:18 AM

DD picked out a witch costume this year - the first year she's not going all cutsy or original, lol. In the past she's chosen costumes based on characters she really likes (Pippi Longstocking, Punky Brewster, punk rock girl) and we go through a process of putting her outfit together.

I was a little happy to just buy one this time around. She fell in love with this glittery purple witches' hat & it was all over; she's beyond excited. We're going TOT with my niece & nephew & BF's little girl. We end up being a pretty good-sized group, 6 adults & 4 kids.

lizatola 10-31-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MamaKit (Post 3649857)
Trick or treating with an 11 year old Darth Vader and a nine year old futuristic flesh stalker (really just a silver mask and a black tunic with cobwebs). After that I imagine a fierce bedtime battle against two sugar-laden, tired boys.
Wouldn't want it any other way. Can't wait!
Happy Halloween everyone.

P.S.
I heard Warren Zevon's Warewolves of London on the radio this morning. I love that song and it totally got me in the spirit!

Oh, I love that song, LOL!

As for us, my nearly 14 year old has decided he's too old for trick or treating. We were supposed to be at my mom's by now and hadn't planned on being here at home, but she is in VA and our flight got cancelled so I re-booked it to Friday, cutting our vacation short.

I think we're just going to walk around the neighborhood, visit with some neighbors, and maybe give out some candy at our house. Our driveway is really long, though, so I think I'm going to set up chairs and a candy station in the cul de sac so the little ones don't have to run all the way up to our door!

MycoolFitz 10-31-2012 07:43 AM

I used to love it now I just want to buy candy and keep it for me. It is also Nevada Day when we were admitted as a state. Our motto is Battle Born because the union wanted our gold and silver.

FireSprite 10-31-2012 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz (Post 3649949)
I used to love it now I just want to buy candy and keep it for me.

I do that too! Except I wait until about 4 days after the holiday & go buy it all on clearance & hide it in the back of the freezer.

DD & I both believe chocolate is the 5th food group & since RAH quit drinking his sweet tooth is out of control..... so I'll welcome any chance to buy it on clearance. ;)

bloss 10-31-2012 07:55 AM

Fitz: gold and silver...reminds me of of Virginia City...

bloss 10-31-2012 07:56 AM

FireSprite: chocolate is sometimes my first food group!

MycoolFitz 10-31-2012 08:07 AM

Virgina City is cool and I keep all my candy in the freezer.

Florence 10-31-2012 08:17 AM

The big celebration comes tomorrow on All Saints Day, or Day of the Dead. And it is a celebration, with flowers, parades, music, festive foods, etc.
Gorgeous! I love the decorations.