SR you are great

Old 10-28-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SR you are great

Hi there.
I was feeling low today.
Discussing work parties & knowing I was going to have to go on my own.
Realised I went on my own last year anyway cause ABF was trying to cut down, yeah right lol.
Anyway I was feeling down & then I jump on SR at lunchtime & read peoples stories & realise I'm not alone & everything I am thinking & feeling is being experienced by others also.
Now I know I'm normal & it gives me the strength to get through a few more hours of the day.
Thank you all bigtime.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rosiepetal, I just went alone to an arts exhibit/benefit last night with a Big Band, and I had a GREAT time! Dressed up, felt like a million $, and didn't have to worry about what he would do or say. Just walked up to lots of people and introduced myself, and they were so friendly!!!!!

He had alienated so many people in the past, I never knew exactly what he had said to them, but we got the cold shoulder too often with people who had seemed to really like me before he was obnoxious with them.

It was a real relief and actually a pleasure to go by myself.

Go for it!!!

ShootingStar1
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Recovery doesn't come overnight. The feelings of loss and loneliness don't disappear in the blink of an eye. You're doing the right thing by coming here and reading. Remembering what it was like when you were in the party situation and he still wasn't there is good for continuing in your current direction. I recommend making a list of those types of things when you start thinking that maybe, just maybe, it would be better to have him back. I sit down a lot to make a pro/con list of my AM's actions. I usually don't make it past the first con: "Put my kids' lives in danger with a .3 BAC and no one else around." It helps. And we're happy to be here for you!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is event and a process. I have been sick for about 10 daze and SR has been a life saver.