Wow what in the world is this??

Old 10-26-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sometimes, if a person is very, very drunk, and they sleepwalk, they can get up and move around, talk to you, make a sandwich, etc., and be sound asleep. I have a friend who does that and has woken up down the street from his house, stark naked. When we were dating, he would get up and go smoke a cigarette and when I would find him, he would talk to me and call me "Tootie." He never remembered these things and tried to tell me I was making it up until I told him he called me Tootie. Then he look confused and said...Tootie was the nickname of one of his friend's old girlfriends from years past. He knew then that I wasn't making it up.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

very wise to makin him an ex. i personally dont recall talkin to myself like that, but from what i've heard, i did it when in a blackout. best move any woman i was with when i was that bad into alcoholism made was to leave me. cant blame em a bit. i was nuts.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've seen my stbxaw get up and start scratching at the walls & talking to someone, mostly it was mumbled gibberish, but if I engaged her in conversation, she would carry on. It always gave me a very eerie feeling. It's very unnerving to see someone hallucinate like that. It would only happen when she was blackout drunk, she of course would have no memory of it. Sometimes she would make nonsensical demands of me and get pretty angry when I wouldn't comply. I'm glad I had a hundred pounds on her, I couldn't imagine if the roles were reversed. It was scary enough for my 100 lb wife acting crazy! Trust your gut, they can do things that are in no way reasonable or predictable. If you feel something bad may happen, it might! Protect yourself.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rhondaseven View Post
He doesn't have any memory of it today. He was extremely intoxicated. He regularly has blackouts, matter of fact I would say 100% of the time he doesn't remember the last two to four hours of drinking. Even though he doesn't remembert last night, I asked him today if he heard voices and he said that is my inner dialogue. Don't you talk to yourself. I said no this isn't that, I told him I thought it was his drinking. He said I had inner dialogue when I was a kid and I wasn't drinking. So I am sczeinfrania (spelling) now?? I just let it drop.
He could just be hearing voices. Apparently there's a "Hearing Voices Movement" to help such people cope.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am separated from my AH now and he also "sees dead people". He used to have entire conversations when very drunk, but always in total anger and telling someone to "shut the f up" etc and I was awakened many times with him yelling at the top of his lungs at someone. But he never did anything like what you are describing. Glad you are leaving. Hope you are moving very soon! Hugs. Sorry you are going through this.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

He really needs to get to an ER Unit or Re Hab....Its either the on set of Alcoholic hallucinosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or full blowen Delirium tremens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
Has he ever been hospatalised for Mental Illness or has any of his Family.
I wish you Safety for today....When I had DTs I was aware ...but also I believe I would never Have Harmed anyone....Thank God.....Im free of Such Things Today...Horrible Looking back....If u Loved him once....there must be Some Connection between you Two...Get him help...If he can not get it for Himself.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
mry

During my AH's most relapse, he also had conversations with himself that were bizarre. He would lay in bed talking to himself. I asked if he was talking to me and he'd yell NO! and then go back to talking to himself. I listened to a conversation and it was as if he were talking to his son and blaming me about things that happened 16 years ago. It was beyond creepy because the kids and I thought he was losing his mind. I later discovered that he was drinking a pint of vodka every day on his way home.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My AB sees dead people too, small children with the devils face, he sees children being abused and crying our for help. He wakes up screaming andf crying mostly because he cant get to them to help them! Im not a physchologist or any sort of a professional in this area, but from the information I have read maybe this is a memory for him of something that happen to him in childhood. He also talks to himself a lot, mostly he is giving off to himself for something or other.....
Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It doesn't matter why,what,where, I'd be worried his inner dialogue would tell him to hurt you. Just get away from him ASAP. And you aren't responsible for getting him into any hospital or de-tox.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yes when the going gets tough ....it unpleasent.....He was once i presume your Lover, get him Help if he can not get it for himself....If its not A Recognised Mental illness like...About Medicines for Schizophrenia..
Then he needs Help....
Either way he needs help....now.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

He refuses any help. He went to AA for 30 days and then quit. He is my husband but refuses to do anything at all. And I wish he drank a pint a day. He dranks the largest bottle of whiskey you can buy in a couple of days. He will start on it friday afternoon and it will be gone by noon Sunday. Completely gone! I am not in the house now. I had been gone for the weekend and was supposed to return today and when i did you could tell that he had really been out of it and within the first hour there he threatened me and became raging mad so I left. I am not there but will have to go back to get my things when i can this week or when i think it will be the best time. he isn't working now so its hard to know when he will be somewhat sober. i appreciate all the responses and comments. thanks
Old 10-28-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

oh and thanks for the info on DT's etc., I have read up on that and agree that this could be where he is and i have even told him about it when he wasn't so messed up but he will not listen and doesn't care
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My XABF would do that when detoxing and while sleeping but not anything like that...scary
Old 10-28-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Rhondaseven, so glad to hear that you're out of the house and not planning on going back to stay. Please take someone with you when you go back to get your stuff - - he sounds very unpredictable, and threatening you and getting into a rage is not a good omen. In the end, stuff is not worth much.

If you have kids and think you might have custody issues, or if you have concerns about your future safety, you could ask a police officer to accompany you, but at the least have someone to protect you and be a witness.

People here on SR told me, when I left my AH, to be safe first and most of all, and I echo that for you. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing - - we'll all be thinking of you here!

ShootingStar1
Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My AH does something similar when he's been drinking. He'll go into his bedroom (we sleep separately) and talk AT me. He will have entire conversations without me. Some nights he'll curse me and call me names, other nights he pleads for help or tells God he wants to die... There are times when I can't tell who his conversation is directed toward. In the beginning I would open the door and ask if he wanted to tell me something, but he would pretend to be sleeping and claim he was having a nightmare, or that he was cursing because of something unrelated (stumped his toe, saw a bug, etc).

When he claimed to be dreaming he would actually behave like you see in the movies when someone is having a horrible dream (sound effects, thrashing back and forth, etc). It is very unnerving - the conversations behind closed doors and his behavior when asked about it. He stopped drinking for a few weeks recently (not by choice - he lost his job, shattered his ankle and had no money or means to get to booze) but started again a couple of weeks ago once his ankle healed. I haven't figured out where the money is coming from since he's still unemployed ...

I have asked about his outbursts the next morning but he either denies it happened or claims something else. I don't ask anymore.

I agree it is scary. For the short time AH wasn't drinking things were calmer (less crazy anyway), but since he started drinking the crazy talk is almost nightly. I haven't slept well since.

Good for you getting away from him. Be safe. I'm working on getting myself out of crazytown soon.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Gosh ShiningStar my AH does a lot of the same thing you mentioned along with the other. It is so weird. This week is kind of in limbo, I am waiting for my background check to clear for a job and then hopefully they will offer me the position. Then I will try and get my things out. I have a great amount of compassion for the A and all the spouses. But we each have to make our own choices in life. There is a brighter future for any one of us if we want it. Thanks for all the comments. Just incredibly sad to watch I will say that.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you ShootingStar as well for carrying a great message!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
That doesn't sound like alcoholism to me, and funny coincidence it is close to Halloween... Maybe he's on some kind of drug, or possessed...who knows...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
:-(

My A mother says all sorts of strange things and starts arguments about things like, her phone being my phone, and this only happens when really drunk, she has asks me to help her get to bed or something, then she will tell me to leave her alone, and forgot she asked for help.
It was very scary the first time, and I have learnt to shut off and try and ignore her and her drunken imaginary friends now. It is hard, I think the pills she is on doesn't help either, she has depression so is on anti-depressants, she also has fybromyalgia and takes a hand full of pills everyday, mix all these with the excessive amounts of alcohol and I don't even want to imagine what goes on in her head. I am borrowing some money off a family member and getting out of here asap. As I feel and she tells me I am going mental, but I know for a fact it is not me, yes I have issues because of this situation but nothing like what she thinks, or has herself.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My AH would do things along these lines that scared the bejeebers out of me. One time he was begging me for help and couldn't tell me why - very unsettling. Just the other night he kept going in and out of our bedroom and then he came to my side of the bed and moved my magazine basket across the room. When I asked him why he did that he was talking gibberish. All in a black out state and never remembering a thing.

The one thing that totally gets me about this disease and my AH is that he's creating memories for me that I'd rather not have to remember and he doesn't have to deal them because he will never remember them.

Rhonda - take care of yourself and remember that you're not alone.