QUACKERs.... Part 2

Old 07-01-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

ABF doesn't count the 12 beers he drinks every night as alcohol. "I feel a lot better since I've quit drinking"
...and I reply what about those beers you are drinking?
"well, those don't count. I mean since I quit drinking Whiskey"
Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
One time we were getting along just great. I had made dinner that night like I normally did, he didn't come home from work, didn't call me. He came home about 6 hours later. It was my fault. I asked him to please explain that one. He told me he stopped after work for 1 beer, he was going to leave then, but he knew I would be mad, that got him angry, so he had to prove to me that I can't control him and tell him what to do, so he stayed for a few more hours to give me time to calm down. Huh????

The 4th "C". You can't reason with crazy !!!!!!!

Omg this is EXACTLY what my AH does!!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

My AH also thinks that "just drinking beer" is OK. He proudly told me that he quit drinking wine (it was usually one or two bottles a night), and now just has 3 or 4 beers, so he feels SO MUCH better. Don't really know what or how much he is actually drinking, because I don't live there anymore. Nor do I care.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Yes, even recovering A's continue quacking sometimes:

This weekend, I was trying to explain one of my triggers to RAH. Not to dump my recovery on him but because it comes up in our world regularly & I had only JUST figured out in the last 10-14 days WHY I was so triggered by something so innocuous in the first place. (& he asked) The roots of it go back to my teens & the time when I was dealing with alcoholism as it related to my AF & FOO.

I got about half of my explanation out & was met with, "Really? Over something so simple? Don't you think that sometimes you just have to realize that it's in your PAST & you just need to MOVE ON?".... with this tone of absolute impatience & disbelief. "Don't you think you should work on that, I mean, it's not like you JUST figured this out after all these years, right?"

Really, asshat?

Actually, yes... I did JUST figure it out.... and if it's sooooooo easy to just get over things from our past why are you still a holy effing mess a lot of the time???

At least I have the balls to own my damage & work on fixing it vs. sweeping my mommy-issues under the rug hoping they'll just go away because, you know, what can you do about it now anyway?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

My AW replying to my son, who reminded her that she said she wasn't going to drink anymore. This was after two glasses at dinner and then picking up a bottle on the way home. Her response

I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN NEVER AGAIN...I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM. I DONT DRINK IN THE MORNING OR AFTERNOON. MY SISTER, NOW SHE HAS A PROBLEM!! SHE HAS HER FIRST DRINK BEFORE NOON. I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT SO I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM.

My son and I look at each other like what the hell just happened.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

My alcoholic mother told me that people are going to think that I have a drinking problem since I don't drink. (I guess they don't think anything about slurry conversations at 8:30 in the morning.)
Old 07-07-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

This thread continues over here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

I had to split it because it got too long for the server to handle.

Mike
Moderator, SR