Checking in

Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

Hello friends,

It's even a while since I logged in, but I think of you every day as I continue moving forward in my new life. AH has been gone nearly 8 months now, we are legally separated and divorce proceedings have started and are going smoothly. I live peacefully alone, with friends around whenever I feel social. Work is very satisfying, and I'm spending time knitting, reading and cooking again. I eat very healthily, exercise at least 5 times a week, and will run my first 5k on Tuesday. I am even starting a new relationship with an old friend who crossed my path recently after 25 years. It's easy, open, no-drama and enormously comfortable...something I didn't really believe existed! Anyway, life is going well for me. I still love AH and probably always will, but my path lies elsewhere now and I'm okay with that. Just wanted to let you all know I'm doing okay and that this new way of living really agrees with me.

Love to all,
Mary
Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know you, I'm fairly new here but 8 months is really an accomplishment! I have just have 18 days. But I feel great, and like you I train, eat well etc.

Sober life is really a new life, so much better then the past. Hope is right here
Old 10-20-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Mary. It will reassure others who still have trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Peace!
~T
Old 10-20-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is fantastic Mary. Good for you.
You are an inspiration & given me hope.
Respect.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear you are doing well!

My axbf has been gone for over 3 months and I am starting to discover I am happy with who I am as a person! And without all of the stress from his yucky drama and demands, I am feeling a lot better about myself as a person and enjoying my free time too. yay!