Old 10-19-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh, I am so sorry...

I never got "Shut the F* up" but I did get:

"I will do what I want and you will have nothing to say about it"

and

"You need to shut up about it"

It's absolutely maddening

I would have been tempted to shove the duck call down his throat!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cli View Post
As far as I'm concerned, no jury would convict you for stabbing that quacking jerk in the neck.
I wonder what a police report for that would look like.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He sounds like a five year old child throwing a tantrum! Active alcoholics, Bill Wilson says in AA's Big Book, are "self-will run riot, selfish, self-centered in the extreme"

Must be a difficult relationship to sustain.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

HAHA - Visions of the ambulance team giving me a questioning look when they show up to find him with a duck call sticking out of his eye...

and me looking back at them like "oh if I told you, you'd understand"

how sick am I?!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know how maddening it can be arguing with an A, but literal quacking has me giggling!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know - the literal quacking is painfully hilarious - all those times I asked God to send me a sign if he's really that bad of an alcoholic....well a couple months after reading the QUACK thread, this happens.

Gotta love His sense of humor...pretty sure meeting the man upstairs would be a lot like meeting Robin Williams.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I went thru the same quacking last night also. Thought I was gonna get a good nights sleep. Wrong.... He comes home and comes in the bedroom. Lays down in bed. I simply asked where he was. And here it comes. " Oh so you think your better than me, I can play the game, too." I'm like, what the hell are you talking about? Well I'm the baddest guy around and you are so lucky to have me. Yea I def feel lucky. I go out to sofa cause he wont shut up. Of course here he comes. Hearz a kid go past in a car. Well that's my boyfriend going past. Really??? And just keeps quacking and quacking till he finally went to bed. But first I got two middle fingers in my face. Grow up would you. Today is his 38th bday. As soon as he got up he came out and started quacking that I didn't say happy bday. You just got up and frankly I don't want to give bday wishes. So since its Friday, we will start all over again tonite. Yea, I can't wait!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I swear I won't let it get as bad as the stories I hear....then again I swore I wouldn't let it get like this.
Boy do I recognize that...
Thanks for the laugh, though. I guess you can be happy he's not taking up moose hunting. Moose calling is REALLY annoying...
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
HAHA - Visions of the ambulance team giving me a questioning look when they show up to find him with a duck call sticking out of his eye...

how sick am I?!
Not as sick as him.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry Myfreedom...sounds like a fun time. We're SOOOOO lucky to have them
Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(cut & paste on browser)

2000 Ducks - YouTube

(what I have nightmares about)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Baaahahahaha!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
cli

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post

how sick am I?!
If I was on that ambulance team, then yes, I would understand! Just like I'd hope you'd understand why my ex's skinny frame might be half-way stuffed into his guitar case. Perhaps us two should go to paramedic school...
Old 10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Introduce him to moosecalling at about 3 an with very loud amps! Google sound clips.... It would scare the dead!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh myfreedom......are you dating my loser ex? My goodness, that crap you wrote sounds like my life but a few short months ago.

It actually felt the same reading that as I did when he was here and would say those things to me.

What is it with them and disturbing everyone's sleep? God forbid you'd wake them, though.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by witharealwinner View Post
Oh myfreedom......are you dating my loser ex? My goodness, that crap you wrote sounds like my life but a few short months ago.

It actually felt the same reading that as I did when he was here and would say those things to me.

What is it with them and disturbing everyone's sleep? God forbid you'd wake them, though.
If me or the kids accidentally wake him, we are being disrespectful and don't care about him. Sad to say but I have been married to this for eleven years. Think I would have enough already.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Find a good duck hunting spot where there are duck hunters, tell him to practice his duck calls.
Problem permanently fixed. LOL!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yep, sounds all too familiar. There were aa handful of times where he would go in my girls'room while they were trying to sleep and wake them with his idiocy. But they needed to be quiet so as not to wake him.

I am soooo glad he is gone. I hope you are able to make a decision for your kids and yourself. You all deserve better. I know that's not always simple, though.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Lol @ thepatman.

It is funny, but sad.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I never understood what the quack comment was until I got back on SR a few weeks ago. When you said he was actually blowing a duck call, I literally laughed out loud.

I guess I was just a polite drunk. I would literally tip toe around and make sure I was on my P's and Q's so my wife would not realize how numb i was (of course she knew). I would intentionally sleep in the spare bedroom because I knew my drunk snoring would disturb her. She realized this year that I was on my own and just did her thing. I could feel her disappointment in me, that the few fights we did have were futile. She told me she was lonely, even though we are together everyday. That ripped my heart out.

Sorry for the ramble, I said this in another thread last night, but as a man it really burns me when men belittle other people (mainly their SO) for their problem.

Toss