All posts visible to everyone?

Old 10-10-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm actually at that point where everybody was starting to suspect or talk anyhow.

If they googled and found posts well....so be it. ( i didn't realise that could happen ) and I was in lala land when i signed up anyhow , so i wouldn't have taken anything in, nor cared at that point as I was as low as I could go....defeated.

I'm proud that I am addressing my alcoholism and trying to overcome my adversity.
It takes guts . I was sick and i want to be well.
If people think less of me for that , then it's their problem , not mine.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
Still, saving just one life is more than enough to justify having a fully public site.

Addiction is a horrid disease, even more so because so much of the damage is hidden within homes and bedrooms. Those of us on the "front lines" of recovery get to see the worst of it. My personal experience is that SR is a fabulous haven for huge numbers of people who never join.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Mike and the other moderators...I just wanted to thank you for all you do...in front of our eyes and behind the scenes. SR has opened my eyes to the depths of this disease. I am grateful EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for the resources available to all of us for our recoveries. SR is a huge part of that for many.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

In my opinion its all kind of a mute point.
If you were some kind of stalker and it was a members only site surely you would just "make up" an email address, register as a member on as many recovery sites as you could find and have yourself a good old look.

As others have said. I'm glad the site is open. I'm sure there are many many people who benefit from "read only" access.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Talltrees View Post
When I joined SR I didn't realize that all posts were visible to non-members. This alarms me a little bit for various reasons. Is there any way to make it so this can't happen anymore? I came here for knowledge and advice, and I ended up getting so much more out of it than I imagined. I don't want to leave, but I am very concerned that unwelcome eyes will view the things I say...
Does everyone know you by TallTrees?

Who would know just out of the blue that you are posting on SR?

Request a name change if that is the case. But sounds kinda our crazy.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I found SR by using google...didn't most of us?

I've never seen an SR billboard while on the expressway...

Unless there is the chance of an abuser following you around on here, then withholding most personal facts should cover it...
I can't imagine people finding SR other than if they have a problem with substance/alcohol abuse in their lives, so I would think that most who find it would be here for the same reasons as the rest of us...and I've only seen a couple trolls.

If somebody comes here and figures out who I am, meh...like they don't have their own dirty laundry in life?
Bet they do. Maybe not the same kind, but dirty laundry nevertheless.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

ooh gosh IMPUURFECT(freedom and hammer and transformylife)...just never change your avatar...thats how i know its you people!! its because of YOUR CRAZY animals!!! lol
Old 10-10-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Does everyone know you by TallTrees?

Who would know just out of the blue that you are posting on SR?

Request a name change if that is the case. But sounds kinda our crazy.
I apologize that sounded like I said you're crazy. I meant it would seem crazy to me that someone for one would know your Screen name and two would just randomly run across a recovery site where you are posting.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I found SR through a google search, too. Lurked for MONTHS before working up the courage to join. If my AH were to find SR (ha! I'm pretty funny, eh?) he'd know me by my screen name. I've worried about that at times, but there's no point in future-tripping and this isn't about him. It's for me.