We have ended it

Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We have ended it

Or, I should say, HE ended it. I was willing to give it a chance to see if we could work on the relationship, but he decided that it wasn't worth it.

While I do understand that I have saved myself a lifetime of heartache dealing with the drama, I still have to deal with the heartache of losing him, and that's really hard to do. Our relationship was amazing for 6 months, and then for 2 months (give or take a little, I'm not good with timeframes) it was not that great but still pretty decent. But it was never BAD, until this last week. And honestly, even then, it wasn't as bad as many situations I've been in. How it all changes so quickly, I'll never understand.

Thank you all for your advice. It was what helped me make it through the week. Good luck to you all on your journeys, I wish you all peace and happiness.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that...

And yes, you are better off finding someone who isn't an alcoholic that you have to worry and obsess over every minute of the day. In my case I was ok letting my axbf drink as long as he wasn't hurting me, but when he would turn into this rude, controlling, unreliable jerk it was pretty unbearable and I was turning into a codependent. Worrying about him, getting mad at his drinking, monitoring the number of drinks he had and commenting upon it, it was actually fairly miserable for us both I am sure...

But yes the heartbreak is still difficult. Let him go and he will find another drinker or he will play the same drama out with someone else.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please consider Alanon...

...it will help you understand yourself in that relationship in order that you have a better life moving forward, and it will help you let it go if you need to.

Cyranoak
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Hope to see you around here again GG. I agree with Cyranoak's suggestion.

All the best.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GG128 View Post
Or, I should say, HE ended it. I was willing to give it a chance to see if we could work on the relationship, but he decided that it wasn't worth it.

He is choosing to continue drinking. You became a barrier to that. It's not about worth, or about you, its about life choices. Don't forget that.

Take good care,
~T