It's official.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
I will not use the label "divorced"!!!! I keep saying... "I'm single now!" means the same thing but it's a positive perspective!!!
I feel the same way, when my XAW changed her Facebook status from married to separated to in a relationship, all in about a week. I thought that's not fair that I should have to change my to divorced, so I just hid it. I'm single!! And happy about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Get a copy of those paper's. Signed.Sealed.Delivered from the court house in your
little paw's, BEFORE, you believe him!!

I just had 2 friends go thru this..Thought they were divorced
Come to find out......Nothing was ever filed...They were lied too!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks BobbyJ! Fortunately for me, I found out on a phone call at 6 pm... Came home to the signed and sealed papers in my mailbox!!! It's the real deal baby....

I'm free!!!!!!!!! Free of the chains that bound me to the chaos, the worry, the anger... I could go on and on. I gave that marriage everything I had but the disease was stronger. I pray for my children's father. I hope he finds sobriety some day.

In a weird twist of fate, im started to see an unhealthy pattern in one of the engineers I manage. For the last few weeks, he's been leaving the office every Friday at noon and not coming back. He's probably been doing it all along - I jut happened to notice bc I need his butt here getting things done! Anyways, it's classic symptoms - found out he's leaving to go to the bar. Leaving inspite of the fact he has major work to do. Staying out all night. Drinking and driving. Got a wife and a new baby at home and he's out every Friday night drunk. Ugh. He's my XAH. I feel for the wife. I'm sure she, like me, thought a baby would bring the change she so desperately wanted.

I have brought the issue to the head of my division. I asked for swift and honest response. I'm done enabling the disease - no matter where I experience it.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm going through a divorce right now and already taking steps to change my name back to maiden name. It is weird to do, but really I haven't had a husband or marriage since March so it is a natural step. I haven't talked on the phone to the STBAX in over two months bc all it does is frustrate me and inevitably he says something to **** me off.

I'm sorry for your pain, and for the rather cold way your ex told you. I hope your take care of yourself. Hugs to you.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Just remember that the one at work has a disability rights arsenal that your xah didn't have at your home. Talking to Human Resources is probably the way to go. Easy Does It as they say in the program. Take care of single You now!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was going to reply to this last night, when I first read your post. What hit a nerve with me was your ex's comment "you're not my wife anymore". Clearly designed to be hurtful!!!

You seem at ease with your divorce, and I hope your recovery proceeds well, just hated to see that zinger directed at you.

Good luck in your new, peaceful life!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh, I agree Celticgenes... I firmly believe he said it to be mean... what he didn't realize was that hearing that was actually music to my ears!!! Especially from him. I was set free.

I am very much at peace with my divorce. I spent the last year and a half mouring the death of the dream. There is still pain and sadness - but I'm absolutely content in moving ahead with my new single life