AH arrested and charged with DUI

Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Totally blew it off, i didn't find out he'd been arrested for a few days, when i saw a message on his phone about it. Thought it was no big deal, the test was wrong, etc. and proceeded to get drunk, less than 12 hours after he was released(mil bailed him out)
Old 10-15-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
Totally blew it off, i didn't find out he'd been arrested for a few days, when i saw a message on his phone about it. Thought it was no big deal, the test was wrong, etc. and proceeded to get drunk, less than 12 hours after he was released(mil bailed him out)
Wow..I'm sorry! So far, my AH has been really devastated by his DUI. He hasn't had a drink in 10 days now. I'm praying this was his bottom and he is done with all the BS that drinking brings...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I was devastated, too, but it wasn't my bottom. My bottom wasn't nearly as dramatic. Sure, I quit drinking for a couple of months, but it's funny how the mind works. We tend to minimize the devastation after a while. While we go through the legal process and spend all that money and have to do so many things, we start getting angry. We decide that it's all a huge money trap and that we didn't do anything that thousands of people don't do everyday. We were just unlucky enough to get caught.

I drank for another two years, although I did stop driving after I drank alcohol. I finally just got tired of feeling half sick every day, sluggish, not interested in much of anything except getting home from work so I could have some beer. I finally got sick enough of it that I checked myself into a detox facility and grabbed a hold of sobriety.

I hope your husband does use this as his bottom. I hope he realizes how lucky he is that a DUI is the worst that happened. It could have been so much worse, and it still can get worse if he doesn't take this warning to heart.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

DUI laws are getting stricter every year. They are even making mandatory community service for first time offenders.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I got my DUI in 2006 and I had mandatory community service. It wasn't that bad. I worked on Saturdays at a resale shop. Found some cute clothes and a few household items I wanted. I got a discount.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=suki44883;3626967]
I hope your husband does use this as his bottom. I hope he realizes how lucky he is that a DUI is the worst that happened. It could have been so much worse, and it still can get worse if he doesn't take this warning to heart.[/QUOTE

You are so right! I hope so too..one day at a time..