In Sickness and in Health - How does that fare?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 6901 View Post
Never wanted to get divorced, but there's only so much one can do and put up with. That's not what a marriage or love should be about -- putting up with stuff.
Love this.
So true.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

6901, you know how much I feel for you and your situation, and I know how hard it's been for you to reach this point. I respect your choice and you. I respect that you came to "the point" that lillamy described.

Yet, I say to myself ... marriage, parenthood, work, etc. shouldn't be about putting up with stuff, so why do we do it?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hear you Titanic...and I guess that's why we're all in (or at least should be in) recovery for ourselves. To break free from these bad habits and potentially bad relationships.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
6901, you know how much I feel for you and your situation, and I know how hard it's been for you to reach this point. I respect your choice and you. I respect that you came to "the point" that lillamy described.

Yet, I say to myself ... marriage, parenthood, work, etc. shouldn't be about putting up with stuff, so why do we do it?
This question is a toughy, isn't it? Maybe we've been conditioned since childhood to not think the power is in our hands?
When we think of how little we actually have control or power over in this life, we realize it is a small amount indeed.
We don't have power even over our own bodies. We do have the power to move our arms, but we don't have the power over our internal organs.
I like this comparison.
We don't have complete power over our bodies, only what we put into our bodies.
Maybe the same goes for our mind?
We don't have complete power over our bodies or even our own minds (subconsciously), but we do have the power to decide if we put junk into either of them?
I like that. At least I have the power to decide not to fill my body or my mind with harmful junk, but with healthy substances, and healthy thoughts, healthy exercising of both.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

6901: To accept what is, what we can't change, what others do or are ... and to change what we can, ourselves, what we do or are, today.

Made of Glass: Yes, indeed. And what we choose to DO with that mind, body and soul.