September can't be over soon enough

Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
You sound better!

His rehab counselor probably would not try to do any couples work with you and him.

As for Rxs, go to the Forum on Suboxone/Maintenance and look around and ask there. You'll get responses & info there.

I'd bag giving suggestions to his mental health crew or him. Keep the focus on You. Stay on your side of the street. It's "cleaner" that way!
Thanks, I am feeling a bit more human! And no, no couples counseling here. Neither of us is at that point. Not sure what that point IS, but I know we're not there.

And yes, I know - I am focusing largely on me. I am just considering mentioning the Rx option to Ah so he can have another tool to discuss with his counselors, docs, etc. I don't think he really knows of anything other than Antabuse (from other folks in his IOP that have used it) and Librium (which he's already been prescribed). Anywho, I did take a peek in the Suboxone/Maintenance forum, but no hits there...a simple forum search for Campral and Antabuse have yielded quite a few results, and mixed ones at that. General consensus from A's seems to be that it only works if you're working your recovery, and that goes with any part of the recovery toolbox. Meh, I dunno. I think it's worth a mention so he's aware of it and can decide for himself what to do with that info.