So, he has my kids for the first time overnight...

Old 09-30-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, he has my kids for the first time overnight...

And it's another BIG BIG BIG football (AKA drinking) day.
He has taken them to his drunken brother's house, I just know it. I sent one kid with a cell phone, it's now switched off. I called ********'s phone and got voicemail the first time, now he's switched it off.

He doesn't want me to know where he has taken the kids because WHERE HE HAS TAKEN THEM is somewhere I DO NOT APPROVE OF!

It's dark. It's almost 7pm at night. I'd like to know where my kids are. They're most likely at a drunken party where I am being bad mouthed in front of them.

This is really some fun shiz hey.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not a parent, but this is when I'd start fantasizing about hiding mini GPS kid trackers in their clothes and bags.

Hang in there. Soon your children will be back home safe with you.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He turned his phone back on.

I spoke to the kids.

Not only has he been with his drunken brother and his enabler, according to my kids he has possession of "their big ass Jeep. You should see it. It's awesome!"

I was sort of OK knowing that he wouldn't be able to drive my kids anywhere as his car is still rusting on my front lawn - he drove it home drunk, smashed it up and left it with a blown tyre and rusting 3 years ago.

And now he is driving a "big ass Jeep".

Oh well, where we live it is a holiday weekend. I hope he gets done for a random DUI, again, but this time with my kids in the "big ass Jeep" the morning after.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

after hearing that... I think I would be going to pick them up and bring them home to safety with me
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sure that it makes you sick to stomach. I will be there in a week when STBXAH gets my babies for a potential overnight. Can you call the police on him and report him? I have a condition wrote up in our not yet signed separation agreement that he cannot consume any alcohol before or during visitation.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I recommend getting a visitation agreement drawn up so you have some backup when he does these things. Without a legal agreement, he has as much right to take the children wherever he wants as you. You would have no legal backing if you were to refuse to allow him to take the kids, even if you suspect he will take them around drinking. Get it all down legally in writing.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is nothing that is legal visitation agreements in my country. Nothing.

Anyway, he brought the kids home at midday today. I was out the front of the house weeding. I expected them later I wasn't prepared

I walked to the "big ass Jeep." Kids were already dragging their stuff inside. I asked him very quietly "Where is the money you owe me?" He said: "Oh I forgot, I'll be back later."

WHAT THE F@#K EVER LOSER. He never came back later, you knew that already though, didn't you! LMFAO!

What he did do was insist the eldest child come into the house and take and give to him my brand new, spare modem. It all happened behind my back without my knowledge.

Nice work hey?

When I saw what had happened I asked for my modem back. He got out of the big bad ass Jeep and shouted something like "OI BITCH I'll take whatever the F@#K I like!" All the neighbours heard.

It's not like the neighbours haven't heard him abuse me for the last 8 years in this house. None have ever even walked over to help. Bunch of f@#krs.

Lovely end to the kids first overnight visit with their ever loving, ever giving sperm donor.

He knows that I know about him calling the brothels and the prostitutes. He says it must have been someone else using his phone. That's so totally believable.:rotfxko
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Ew.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If there's no legal visitation agreement, does he have legal rights to see the kids at all? Where you could be held liable if he *doesn't* get to see the kids?

If they're unsafe and you don't have any legal agreements bound by a court, I would make myself and my children unavailable every time he tried to come get them, if I could.

It's probably also time to talk to your kids about dad's drinking problem and how they should never be told to keep secrets from their parents, even by the other parent. I had to do this with my son, and it made things so much better for him dealing with his dad's weirdness.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

No secrets, especially those the A asks you to keep!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm not in a good mood today.
I would like to beat him.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

On the advice of my therapist, I equipped my kids with a cell phone, a credit card, and the numbers of some local cab companies so that they can call a cab and get home if things ever get weird with my AH while they are with him, and unable to reach me. Also had a detailed discussion with them about what intoxication looks like and never, ever getting in the car with dad if they feel like he's been drinking.