Ready to give daughter another chance

Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

^^^I am so sorry its been tough...but its tough love with this horrible disease....

they do risk it all for a high...trust me i know, i lost my dear cousin over it, its been 2 years and still getting a grip of it all....

Keep going to AL ANON and read the book, you will see so much in that book, i did...

peace
~Maggie
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are going through this

Whenever my AB (who is now in recovery along with myself) said he had nothing and needed help with money I would make a point of reminding myself he has no money because he chooses to spend his money on drugs not living expenses.

I'm not a mother so I can't relate in the sense of seeing a child go through this, but as a recovering addict and as someone who lived with an addict, I feel that unless you are working a program, it is almost impossible to stop using. I understand that you want to help her, but she needs to help herself. You must have jumped for joy when she wanted to leave her abusive boyfriend and hoped she was done with the life style and people that come along with using. My mom couldn't love,beg,scream or shake the addiction out of me and even the best opportunites she gave me to better my life went unnoticed until I was ready to be in recovery and started a recovery program.

I hope you are able to find the peace you had before this situation/instance occured,

hugs

Maylie