AC of an ACOA

Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AC of an ACOA

So my mom recently started feeling that guilty conscious of how my friends, who are half her age, were able to scrape enough for a honeymoon in Europe, and she who has about 40 years on em hasn't been able to come through on a promise she made in August 2009.

It all started innocently enough, went over to the house for dinner tonight, and we were getting along really well... and since it had been a week since she told me that "God said to take you to Europe" and all that other bull ****, I thought, Well... You know... maybe I should trust her. But instead of me doing all the work this time, I thought to involve her just as much as I was last time the deal fell through: THAT way, she could show her vested interest in a huge trip like that.

And so I asked her, So what do you think of Christmas in Paris? The flight would cost such and such, and the hotel would cost such and such, etc... To my surprise, she was going along with it, until I told her that I refused to plan it on my own and that if she did want to go, then I would at least like to see some interest on her part.

So then she used the stupid oh-I-dont-speak-english excuse, which btw is what she uses every time she delegates a task to me: Oh I don't speak english, go ask the hairstylist what shampoo this is **while holding shampoo bottle in hand**, just bullsh!t like that. Like I've always had to be the fcuking translator or medium or what have you between her very capable self and the rest of the world. Just ridiculous.

Anyway, so she goes into this whole thing about how "Traveling isn't a priority of mine, so I don't really look too much into it, but if you want to go and want me to go with you then I'll have fun if you have fun."

Um.... What kind of codependent crap is this?!?? She wants to openly spend $5000 on an overseas trip, and put no hand into it, and then will have fun if I have fun????

G.T.F. OUT OF HERE.

It's just ridiculous. And then I just flat out said, It'd be a good idea for us to not plan anything at this time. When I see that you want to go and are actively involved in planning the whole thing, then we will go and I will find a way.

SO THEN THIS B!TCH starts slamming chairs around, saying that it's my fault we couldnt go because I wasn't mature enough (I was 25 at that time), because of what happened on the last big trip we took (in 1997) when I was 13 and had no one to talk to or play with and hated myself as much as I hated the world the ENTIRE TIME-- which btw I had NO hand in planning and it just turned into this fight where she was just calling me names, yelling at me, just bullsh!t.

All because I said, No I am not planning this alone, and I refuse to go through that again.

This b!tch, thinking she's so hard. w-t-f ever.

And I almost want to feel bad about dropping the b word when it comes to my mom, but no other words will do. She's a downright b and I absolutely resent her for promising the world and then not delivering.

What a fcuking jerk.

I'm just so angry right now. I'm not overreacting, because that is my boundary, I put my boundary down that I refuse to plan anything big with her unless she puts in the work too and she downright refused to do anything. Oh yeah, she'll put the money down, but no work will go into it because she's so "uninformed". Yeah right, cause I've been to Europe SOOO many times.

whatever. Such a jerk.