I've reached the lowest point of my life

Old 01-18-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I've reached the lowest point of my life

How do you keep going when you've lost everything? Sure I know, One Day at a Time, but when I've got 2 girls to provide for how can I not look ahead. The business that I have spent the last year and a half working my ass off on has finally reached the point of no return. They started forclosure on my house on Friday, my kids father is gone and still practicing, I owe so much money I don't know how I'll be able to even keep my phone or gas, let alone Internet or cable. There is no food in the fridge and I have a total of $3 to my name. Only 3 weeks ago I thought I was going to be rich, that my business was finally going to take off, now I've got nothing. How do I go on? All I can do is cry and cry and I literally wish I didn't have kids so I could just quit life. How do I pull myself back up? How?
Old 01-18-2004, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WheelsA Turnin,

Prayer and hugs coming your way. Prayer is a powerful thing...He is always a there and listening.....He knows what you need and will get you through. Everything that happens to us happens for a reason...there is some lesson we need to learn or changes that we need to make to ourselves.....listen for His guidance and follow.

Your children love you no matter what your life is like right now. It is unconditional. Hold on to each other becauase the three of you are all that matters!

I don't know if you are involved in Church, but my Church has a pantry for families that are going thru difficult times....they also can help out with bills to keep the lights on or heat. Please check around and let someone help! There are lots of people out there that would love to help.....I know that asking for help can be difficult....but maybe that is the lesson you were meant to learn.

Blessings,
Constant
Old 01-18-2004, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Wheels

Big, big hugs. Constant's idea of contacting Churches in your area is very good. Now is the time to reach out to anyone you can. Where I live, there are social service agencies available to help people in your circumstances. Maybe there are some in your area too.
This is how your life is now, but it's not how your life is going to stay. Try to focus on moving forward, one step at a time. I will pray for you and your kids. I have faith that you will find the answers you are looking for.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-18-2004, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dont think of this as your lowest point. Think of it as the start of your climb to the top.

I checked out your web site. Very nicely done. Youre one smart cookie. I dont see you sitting down there feeling sorry for yourself for long.

Things can be replaced. Im sorry youre losing your house but its not the only one. Once you get back on your feet you'll get another. Maybe even a better one. You have your family and youre smart and resourceful. Just dont be too proud to ask for help.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

God's Will Be Done.
Thank you everyone. I am feeling much better now. My brother came over and brought me a bunch of groceries earlier and an ear and I turned to my mother and father as well. I thought if I want to start feeling thankful, maybe I should put to use what I am thankful for. And after talking with each one, I began to realize that I AM really lucky. I didn't call my sister since my A is staying there. I think maybe that was why I was such a mess earlier, everything is happening at once. As some of you know, I've been trying to get my A and his delinquent son out of my house now for ages. Thought they were gone a few times. But I was too soft and let them in when they came crawling. And you know what happened. It finally came to a boil on Friday. When I couldn't meet the bank arrangements on Friday my A started his bull with me. Maybe he was feeling guilt because he knew it was his fault that our kids were losing their home. And of course I didn't hesitate to blame him, and accuse him and try to make him feel as crappy as I did. So it blew up and I told him to leave and when he refused I thought to myself, "maybe if he kicks the crap out of me, he'll finally realize he's got to go". Not even that I would finally realize it, but that HE would finally realize it. So I instigated violence. A few punches at him which didn't even connect and before I knew it, I was flat on my back. A couple more times and then HE calls the police. And they put him in jail. Of course I never admitted to them that I threw a punch, and he did admit to hitting me, they charged him with assault. I never wanted it to go this far and I am wracked with guilt, but also relieved.

I'm pray that now that he's gone and the negative energy isn't around me and the girls maybe I can start to rebuild. Who knows, there's even a chance I might be able to save my business. I meet with someone tomorrow who I met with Friday about investing, so if he does, I might be able to save the business. If not, then I'm pretty much back at square and will probably have to file bankruptcy. So tonight I'm going to pray with all my heart for God to help me, to give me strength whatever happens, to go on. And I WILL try to take it one day at a time and just focus on the great stuff in my life. I have got the 2 most beautiful healthy little angels from Heaven, I have a mother, father, sister, brother and lots of nieces and nephews that love us, we are all healthy, I have my ambition, my faith and you guys. I will be ok. xo ...and thanks.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wheels -

I have some practical advice for you. You can file Chapter 13 bankruptcy and that will stop the foreclosure right now. It will also keep your utilities turned on. You have to repay some of the debts that you file on but not all of them. They set up a repayment program for you for 3 to 5 years. If your business does a turnaround in the next few months then you can cancel it. You would owe the attorney for his time but it would give you some room to breathe if you don't want to file Chapter 7.

I hope that things start getting better for you and your kids. Make sure that you take time to think things through before you make any decisions right now because when we are stressed to our very limit we often make unwise decisions that can come back to haunt us. Take care of yourself.

Hugs, Jo
Old 01-18-2004, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Wheels.

Life with Dino brought me to the brink of losing my business several times. Each time it seemed I pulled back too late, but was able to struggle on. I'm saying a prayer that you're able to hang onto your biz if that is what you want. For me, once I decided to scramble instead of give up, there was always a direction to scramble in. Sometimes it's hard to see clearly when we're despairing. I'm glad you reached out to your family.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 01-19-2004, 05:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WHEELS

So glad to see your post....go easy on yourself!! I am thankful to see that you have family that can help you out......what a blessing!

I hope that all goes well with your business meeting and you get your backer.

(((((((((((hugs, to your and your girls)))))))))))))) Y'all will come through this and be better for it!

Contant
Old 01-19-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi,

There are tools to help us get through these times, social aid,food banks,the church, and find out about filing for bankruptcy how that will protect you.

In Quebec where I live Hydro isn't allowed to cut off power in the winter months. You'll get through it.

What is your web-site I'd like to see it.

Ngaire
Old 01-19-2004, 04:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm waiting to hear back from 2 possible investors tonight. If neither comes through I'm going to look into bankruptcy tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions everyone. It helps just to know people are rooting for you and to vent. I really am feeling more hopeful now. Ngaire, my website is [url]http://www.informationoshawa.com. I'm just praying so hard that one of these investors come through....
Old 01-19-2004, 04:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

try www.firstgov.gov it is our nations offical web site with state links there is a benfits part, just fill it out and you will be surprised what you and your kids are intitled to.. keep your chin up..
Old 01-19-2004, 06:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What is your business in exactly?

Your web-page is something else. I don't think you have much to worry about getting back on your feet.

Ngaire