TL;DR cold mornings mess with my heart

Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

TL;DR cold mornings mess with my heart

I'm guessing that this is one of those bad days... I can't stop thinking about him. I even went all-out stalker and called his cell phone from work then hung up when he answered... well, I waited for him to say 'Hello?' and then hung up. #lame.

I could tell just by the way he answered his phone with a loopy Texas drawl that he was doing just fine.

I sincerely miss him. I miss him more today because it feels as if everything is reminiscent of something that endeared him to me, like how the outside upper part of a really warm blanket is super chilly in the mornings, so you stick a foot out, realize its too cold and then bring it back under.

I remember one morning I lay awake at 6 am, and the pre-morning light was just barely cresting over the treeline. Out of his threadbare square bedroom window every shade of the rainbow manifested itself... from fluffy yellows melting into soft orange, streaking across a cotton candy pink sky which overlay a zenith of deep plums, and then a majestic midnight blue.
It was so cold in the room, I thought my nose was going to fall right off. But as I buried my face under the blankets and into the crevice between his space-heater torso and the mattress, it suddenly dawned on me, Surely this is what heaven looks and feels like.

I guess what I'm saying is, cold mornings have a way of fcuking with my head.