Can any thing really help an alcoholic??

Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well so far IF he is telling the truth(and been lied to that much I don't know anymore) he has not touched a drop since Tuesday and today went to the Dr's to get a health plan in place, arranged an appointment with the hypnotherapist who is also a psychologist which will be on Thursday and attended the meditation at the temple this afternoon.
Since coming off his medication he seems a lot more aware which is good and has said he actually does not feel like a drink where as before he was craving alcohol and could almost taste it...again I would love to be able to say great come home now but I am trying to be real about it all and know he has lied in the past and can manipulate so basically just saying well thats great, good on you! I have told him though that if at any stage he does decide to have a drink then as soon as I find out I will be going and filling out the forms for a divorce. Its his choice to do what ever it is he wants and I'm not going to stand in his way and its my choice that I do not want to be with someone who drinks ANY amount of alcohol. Since he left I have had quite a bit of time to think about what I want from my life and the standard of life I want to the boys and myself.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Of course, many things can help an alcoholic to recover.

Recovery programs. Good nutrition. Exercise. Family support. Something to live for. Anti-craving meds. Therapy. Spirituality. Support of others with addiction. The list goes on and on.

But of all these things the most important and the key is that the addict must decide to quit.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Steps and HP.......and doin' it for themselves.......