I prayed for a little acceptance today, and I got......

Old 01-16-2004, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I prayed for a little acceptance today, and I got......

a $126 speeding ticket!

Was stuggling with some insane thinking about the A, and knew I was in insanity, so I did what program tells me to...pray and ask to be restored, and askfor accpetance. Got up, did the next right thing and went to a meeting. Left, on way to work, when a hunky looking police man steps into the road and flags me over!

Well, a speed trap was in the works and I got busted, going 44 in a 30 zone.

Pulled over, got my license out, put out the cigaratte (in respect for the officer) and sat and was quiet.

I was completely and totally in accpeptance! Had no anger, no frustration, no resentment that he was hiding behind parked cars with his lovely radar gun. Nothing! Totally at peace.

Got a ticket anyway. He was nice enough to tell me I had 3 options, the one he suggested was go to court, plead no contest and perhaps receive a reduced fine. I said ok, where do i sign. He said o you have questions? I said no,,,he seemed shocked! Again, he says no questions, at all?? I say nope, except where do I sign on the ticket. He shows me, I sign, I leave.

Now, let me tell you I cannot afford this fine and I have no idea how I will pay it or what. For some reason, I just dont care. i figure it was some kind of message from HP. In time, I will come to find out what, but for now, I just aint'a worryin;.

i guess when I pray for acceptance, I may want to be a bit more specific to the situation in which I am struggling! LOL.

Anyhow, nothing happens in God's world by mistake, so lets see what will be revealed in time.

I AM POWERLESS!

Love to all
Old 01-16-2004, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Christina

"Nothing happens in God's world by mistake, so lets see what will be revealed in time. "
I like that. Is there somewhere I can go to sign up for a "Patience Voucher" in the meantime?
Pardon me if that sounds grumpy...it's been an incredibly frustrating week in Gabe's World.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-16-2004, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Christina

If paying it is difficult, the judge may give you time or even reduce the fine....at least it works that way here some of the time.

Quick story

My husband (who is not an A) went to court once to pay a fine, and all the people whose case came up before his had trouble paying, and each time the judge would say "show me how much you have in your pocket". Sometimes they had $5, or $10 and the judge would say save enough for bus fare home and the rest will be sufficient.

Now my husband had taken $1000 cash, because he had no idea how much his fine would be and didn't want to have to leave his business for court again. So as the other cases were called, my husband was taking money out of his pocket and stuffing it in his underwear, until he only had $20 left in his pocket.

The judge fined him $150 and gave him 7 days to pay LOL LOL LOL.

I hope it works out for you, and I salute your patience.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sdp

Maybe you can set up a payment plan? I got a ticket once and they let me pay in installments...