Not sure where to go from here.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoxInSocks View Post
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all your words of wisdom and support which right now is the only place its coming from.
Today I went to the courts and got the VRO which will be served on him at work today or tomorrow...which is when the police order expires.
My head is killing me, I cant stop crying...I can barely see what I'm typing through the tears. Its breaking my heart knowing that this is it, this is the end of my marriage. I have to wait to get a court order which says I can take the boys out of the country which is my next step. I have to pick up my little one from kindy and the other from school in just over 30mins so I'm going to have a cup of tea and try and make my eyes and face not look so red and puffed up before I have to see anyone.
Thank you, your support means a lot to me right now!
Pain is part of the journey of detaching, and I feel for you because I know how much it hurts right now.
But amongst that pain I see you taking ACTION to better you and your children's lives.
Who knows...years from now he could decide to sober up, right his wrongs, and be active in your lives. BUT...unless that day comes, and not a moment before that day comes, IF that day ever comes...
you are doing the right PROACTIVE things, instead of sitting there letting him continue status quo, destroying all your lives.
THAT is power, and you are wielding it, KUDOS TO YOU!
Feel good about yourself for that! give yourself that pat on the back amongst those tears! Look at the lady in the mirror and congratulate her on stopping the madness! she's a strong woman making smart decisions!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And everyone on this planet has to survive the loss of loved ones...death is a part of life. All of us have to grieve that loss. think of the millions that have survived the death of loved ones. Death of parents or other loved ones is no excuse to drink, else the whole planet would be drunks.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
And everyone on this planet has to survive the loss of loved ones...death is a part of life. All of us have to grieve that loss. think of the millions that have survived the death of loved ones. Death of parents or other loved ones is no excuse to drink, else the whole planet would be drunks.
That is very true, I may have to jot that line down!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

An active alcoholic will drink whether a loved one dies, or is alive & kicking (mostly kicking)! That alcoholic needs NO excuse to drink.