What Are YOU Doing This Weekend That is Fun and Healthy?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Are YOU Doing This Weekend That is Fun and Healthy?

My inner child insisted I get a mani/pedi and chose a very pretty pink color overlayed with white glitter. She is very happy! We had nice lunch out and got the car professionally washed . . .doesn't sound like much, but she didn't want to work . . .

What are you up to this weekend that is fun FOR YOU?

What healthy, wonderful things are you doing for yourself?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Not doing anything fun really, but I am purging my home of clutter, things that remind me of AXBF, and just junk that has accumulated. It really feels good to box this stuff up, clear space, and dust the house!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Not doing anything fun really, but I am purging my home of clutter, things that remind me of AXBF, and just junk that has accumulated. It really feels good to box this stuff up, clear space, and dust the house!
That is WONDERFUL . . . and so positive. I do Feng Shui . . .fresh flowers, music, saging (blessing the space and cleansing it of negative energies) . . . I need to do some of that! But my inner child needs to play . . .
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Ooh Seek, I am also doing Feng Shui! I have post-it notes up around the house with the colors from the bagua map, and have been placing objects of those colors in the proper places around the house. Gonna paint soon so I'm trying to get these things in my head of what goes where
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I don't have a whole lot of time to do anything fun for myself since I work weekends. That being said, my kids just came back from their dad's Wednesday, so I've been splurging a little bit on them (new school clothes, lunch out, laying down with my daughter at nap time, which is usually a no-no). My weekend is Monday & Tuesday, and I usually spend those days relaxing and cleaning up the house a bit. Not fun, but I do what I can by cranking up my guilty pleasure music and rocking out while I clean (picture an 8-months-pregnant woman scooting around to Britney Spears with a Swiffer in hand, and there's your laugh for the day). Monday is Al-Anon night, which I look forward to every week. So, it's not much, but it's time to myself.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Ooh Seek, I am also doing Feng Shui! I have post-it notes up around the house with the colors from the bagua map, and have been placing objects of those colors in the proper places around the house. Gonna paint soon so I'm trying to get these things in my head of what goes where
I have studied F.S., but I don't subscribe to the colors theory . . .I do think about it, but I personally think it is more important to have colors that suit the function and light exposure in the particular room. I studied color theory . . . so in the bedroom, soothing, restful colors (I like baby blue) . . .In the kitchen something that inspires light, happiness, and gastric harmony (I like a soft yellow and in the dining room a kind of cantelope color . . .) . . .My living room is lavender because it is soothing and I like it . . . I do use traditional F.S. color enhancements in the wealth area (greens, purples, and some gold accents).

I don't like painting but it is so nice to have freshly painted walls . . .
Old 09-08-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I don't have a whole lot of time to do anything fun for myself since I work weekends. That being said, my kids just came back from their dad's Wednesday, so I've been splurging a little bit on them (new school clothes, lunch out, laying down with my daughter at nap time, which is usually a no-no). My weekend is Monday & Tuesday, and I usually spend those days relaxing and cleaning up the house a bit. Not fun, but I do what I can by cranking up my guilty pleasure music and rocking out while I clean (picture an 8-months-pregnant woman scooting around to Britney Spears with a Swiffer in hand, and there's your laugh for the day). Monday is Al-Anon night, which I look forward to every week. So, it's not much, but it's time to myself.
Sounds like you have good, healthy habits.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm going to the gym tomorrow, and then having tea with a former coworker who has really become one of my closest friends.

Tonight, I'm not sure. I already raided my emergency chocolate supply.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a ton of work to do around the place. Making repairs and cleaning up the mess my now exA left me with. But it will feel so good to get it all done. I will do my exercises which is healthy, and for fun...I guess walking the dogs will be it for this weekend.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My friend is coming over in about an hour to watch the newest Doctor Who episode.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by seek View Post
Sounds like you have good, healthy habits.
I'm trying. The one thing I "inherited" from my mother that I can't quite shake is a slight lack of fiscal responsibility, but I caught it early enough to try to turn it around. So sometimes I get the feeling of going shopping and my bipolar hops on board saying "Yes! Shoppiiiiiiiiiiiing!" Staying busy at home helps keep me from hitting the stores.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I'm trying. The one thing I "inherited" from my mother that I can't quite shake is a slight lack of fiscal responsibility, but I caught it early enough to try to turn it around. So sometimes I get the feeling of going shopping and my bipolar hops on board saying "Yes! Shoppiiiiiiiiiiiing!" Staying busy at home helps keep me from hitting the stores.
I don't know if this would work for you - but I like to put stuff on my "wishlist" in Amazon . . .it FEELS like shopping . . .and also Pinterest gives me that same feeling of appreciating beauty, seeing what's new and interesting, etc.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am contacting old friends. I am continuing my commitment to my health and generally Sexay-ness by going for a run and eating well.

Oh! and I gave the guy I was seeing the boot last week (my first post xAH relationship) because it wasn't satisfying. I consider that a HUGE Plus!!!

The day I did it, I bought myself concert tickets... Now I just need to find someone to go with... Hmmm!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I spent 2 hours at the park with my daughter today. It was SO nice not to be there sneaking vodka into my gatorade like I was doing a few months ago. We had so much fun. Tonight she and I went out to dinner with my parents and brother. Tomorrow, I'm checking out a AA meeting I've heard great things about, and while I do that, my parents are watching my daughter so I'll have some nice alone time. A nice low key fun weekend
Old 09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Let Go or Be Dragged

Working on my latest project...totally cleaned out the garage, (thru out A LOT!) repaired the drywall where needed, primed n painted walls, degreased the floor and applied fresh coat of epoxy shield, oak trim around window and door, dismantled and repainted the service door which will be ready to rehang tomorrow. WHEW! My three week project is almost done. Maybe its not so much fun, but i do get a sense of calm and peace looking at my nice clean garage. cleaning, cleaning, always cleaning. maybe with each piece of junk i throw out, im throwing out a bad memory from my old life?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoBroken View Post
Working on my latest project...totally cleaned out the garage, (thru out A LOT!) repaired the drywall where needed, primed n painted walls, degreased the floor and applied fresh coat of epoxy shield, oak trim around window and door, dismantled and repainted the service door which will be ready to rehang tomorrow. WHEW! My three week project is almost done. Maybe its not so much fun, but i do get a sense of calm and peace looking at my nice clean garage. cleaning, cleaning, always cleaning. maybe with each piece of junk i throw out, im throwing out a bad memory from my old life?

Wow! What kind of vitamins do you take? You have some amazing energy!

It is totally cathartic to clean and throw stuff out. I wish I had the organizational skills to tackle my basement . . .I am storing stuff for my grandson while he is in a sober living environment. If I had additional funds, I would purchase a special storage unit to get the stuff out of "my space." Maybe I will look into that . . .one of those Rubbermaid thing-ys . .
Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by seek View Post
I don't know if this would work for you - but I like to put stuff on my "wishlist" in Amazon . . .it FEELS like shopping . . .and also Pinterest gives me that same feeling of appreciating beauty, seeing what's new and interesting, etc.
I love Pinterest. I don't put things on my Amazon Wishlist, but I will put things in my cart at Kohls or Walmart, and then I force myself to evaluate it before I check out. 9 times out of 10, I just end up closing the browser window and not buying anything. And I always do one last look through my shopping cart in stores and usually end up putting something back.

I've started looking at increasing my monthly contribution to my retirement fund as shopping for my future, and I've increased my monthly transfers to savings. We have another baby coming late October/early November, so I'd like to have a bit of a cushion while I'm out of work for a few weeks.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Got my hair cut yesterday - felt great as hadn't had it done for 4 months.
A friend came over last night for a chat - was great to catch up
Today me and the boys are gonna have a lazy day indoors - its pouring rain outside. Am making a big sunday dinner and we will watch the all-ireland hurling final on tv later
Old 09-09-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I took my kids to an amazing corn maze, family fun day. They loved it and so did I. It was nice to take my mind off of things for a while and it did them good to see that we can still have fun without AH.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Whatcha doin' today?

I am going to take my doggie to the beach.

Go to the grocery store and stock up.

Garden.

Maybe paint a picture.

How about you?