What Are YOU Doing This Weekend That is Fun and Healthy?

Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Like sobroken above, I am finishing a long project of renovating my bathrooms. All of them (2 full and one half). The half bath was this weekend's project and today I will be reinstalling the toilet, with new innards and tubing this time. I finished the floor yesterday and replaced the light fixture with an antique one I found in my parents storage shed. I still have to put the new vanity and sink in, but that'll have to wait until next weekend as I am about out of time.

The other bathrooms are done except for new sinks and faucets...I built the countertops myself but haven't finished with the waterproofing of the wood yet to install the new sinks. On top of that, I need to start "winterizing" my yard...we have had light frost the last few nights...new snow is on the mountains already...its about that time of year!

And, I am going berry picking this afternoon - its raspberry, blueberry and cranberry season. Time to stock the freezer!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Napzzzzzzzing. Wake me quickly if you see an Iceberg!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Like sobroken above, I am finishing a long project of renovating my bathrooms. All of them (2 full and one half). The half bath was this weekend's project and today I will be reinstalling the toilet, with new innards and tubing this time. I finished the floor yesterday and replaced the light fixture with an antique one I found in my parents storage shed. I still have to put the new vanity and sink in, but that'll have to wait until next weekend as I am about out of time.

The other bathrooms are done except for new sinks and faucets...I built the countertops myself but haven't finished with the waterproofing of the wood yet to install the new sinks. On top of that, I need to start "winterizing" my yard...we have had light frost the last few nights...new snow is on the mountains already...its about that time of year!

And, I am going berry picking this afternoon - its raspberry, blueberry and cranberry season. Time to stock the freezer!
No wonder "co-dependents" are so good at fixing things! Some of us are so talented and hardworking. I cannot believe what you have on your list for today! Cannot even fathom it! Amazing!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I got a pedicure yesterday and went to a meeting on how to use essential oils for colds and flus at a friend's house. I went to church this AM and have a neighborhood group Bible meeting tonight. I am also shopping for a new car and am heading to the dealership right now so I hope they can give me a good deal, LOL! AH has been very pleasant this weekend so it's been nice! Ds is meeting a friend at the tennis courts tonight, too, so I usually bring a book and get some quiet time reading.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seek View Post
No wonder "co-dependents" are so good at fixing things! Some of us are so talented and hardworking. I cannot believe what you have on your list for today! Cannot even fathom it! Amazing!
Yeah - I am a fixer to the max. I rescue animals, refinish furniture, renovate homes (this is NOT my first to renovate, just the first I've done by myself) and otherwise fix stuff. I think I have an eye for the diamond in the rough.

However, thanks to Al-Anon, SR, and some wonderful lessons learned, I no longer fix people.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Went to the nursery and got some flowers. Took my doggie to the beach. It was a perfect beach day. Went in the water, which was incredibly wonderful. Then went shopping . . .that was mostly good . . .had some sadness (related to some stuff having to do with my grandson).

It was a very good day . . .I noticed I am irritable and tired, but all-in-all, a good day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_7544.JPG (29.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My "son" chillin' at the beach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_7549.JPG (39.7 KB, 5 views)