Going to talk about the divorce with the AW

Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to talk about the divorce with the AW

In an hour I'm going to meet my AW to go over the divorce papers. I'm going crazy thinking about it. She won't meet me in a neutral place, so I'm going to our old house, where she still lives.

I know she will be drinking or hungover. So I have no idea what to expect. So far she has seemed like she just wants to get it over as bad as I do. Right now I wish we hadn't agreed to file as co-petitioners. But it is the quickest way and I think we agree on everything. But there is a chance we won't. I guess if that happens, I can just walk out.

I should have found someone to go with me, but I'm embarrassed and I don't want to envolve innocent partys.

I have a full afternoon planed after the meeting, so I will have support after the meeting. Thank God for friends and family. And everyone on here.

Last edited by android1; 09-08-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck! And sometimes, we just can't avoid the confrontations. Good for you for having other things planned today to help you through the painful conversation.

Keep us posted. Prayers its a painless experience!
~T
Old 09-08-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope the conversation goes as peacefully as possible under the circumstances. Even though this will be hard, I hope that you enjoy the rest of your afternoon! Many prayers coming your way.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Iceberg Ahead!

Best wishes. You're going to her place so you can always leave. You can listen to whatever her concerns and ideas are about the stuff you don't necessarily agree with, and tell her that you'll consider them after the meeting. You have support awaiting you after the meeting there and here. You made a good plan. Don't expect a particular outcome as that'll just be a resentment waiting to happen.

Peace.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well it went as good as I had hoped. We agree on everything. She was supposed to have the papers filled out, she didn't, but she had the parts I didn't know about done. And she gave them to me to finish.

Her house was a disaster, beer cans and bottles everywhere. I don't think she has cleaned it since I was there last. And she has some addict friends living in the garage.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No no no no no no no no no no!

Please take a recorder and never do that again. My ex- wife's last stay in a mental hospital was fun. Her roomie was a divorce attorney. When she got out she came to my house and tried to go through me to get to my daughter. When the cops got there she claimed that I beat her and kicked her and tossed her twenty feet.

It was my home, my town, my expensive neighborhood and she was just out a mental hospital and the cops were still notbsurevwho to arrest. The tiebreaker was the blood on the face of the 225 pound ex linebacker and the absence of a mark on the 100 pound nutcase. A female detective stepped in and said that I had to be telling the truth, when another detective asked why she said "his face is bleeding and she's breathing".

My attorney said that was a 1 in 100 shot, the other 99 times the man goes to jail.

My point is that it his her turf, no witnesses and she is not rational. She could claim ANYTHING and you'd be screwed.

It's easy to fix, if she refuses to meet you at Starbucks ...why? Think it through, why would she refuse to meet in a public place? That just screams setup. Buy a good digital recorder and STILL insist on a public setting.

No offense to the ladies here but it is simply a fact that in divorce bad things happen and in a he said she said he typically loses.

Criminal attorneys see the dregs of society behaving like mother Theresa. Divorce attorneys see the finest people behaving like the dregs....

Never do that again, protect yourself.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks PohsFriend, I am sorry to hear about your situation. That is terrible.

I was worried like I posted, but only because with an alcoholic you never know what to expect.

She wants the divorce as bad as I do. She has already moved on and has the other man living there. She has given me everything I wanted and more.Thank God there is not a kid involved.

She is crazy as any alcoholic is, but she wouldn't call the cops, she would probably go to jail her self. She has addicts living there, and I'm sure they don't want to see the cops either. And the addicts are "friends" of mine too, I have know them longer than I knew her. Same with her new manboy. It's a small town. I think her and manboy both feel so much guilt that I could get anything I wanted from them if I fought for it. But nothing she has is worth that fight.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by android1 View Post
But nothing she has is worth that fight.
What a great attitude to have. I felt the same way and have no regrets.

Glad it went as well as it could.