To You Women

Old 09-08-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

To You Women

Dear Ladies,

I know you. I have not met you but I know you well. I know what you feel and I know what you have been through, because you are my sister and we are one in the same. We have struggled through this life, to do the best we can do, to take care of those we love, despite all the hardships, and the sickness that comes to us. There is a passage from the Bible that describes you. I'd like to share it with you. I am re-gaining focus on myself and my life and this is what I choose to focus on today. MY STRENGTHS. And yours.

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
I do not know whether or not your spouse or significant other sings your praises but I DO. THIS is my city gate, Sober Recovery, and I sing your praises here. You are noble and kind and giving. You have suffered and continue to suffer, surrounded by such dysfunction. But you are strong and I admire you.

Take care of you today. Believe these praises. See your strengths and build on them. And do what Walt Whitman said to do in his writings from Leaves of Grass: DISMISS whatever insults your own soul.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Learn.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am moved and feel the love from this post. Thank-you Learn. You are a blessing.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Thank you Your post has made my day today.