Having a tough day

Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a tough day

the depression and anxiety is consuming me today...I cant focus...cant stop thinking all those hopeless, sad and angry thoughts...how do you deal when you feel yourself getting dragged down with them?
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by onceuponadream View Post
the depression and anxiety is consuming me today...I cant focus...cant stop thinking all those hopeless, sad and angry thoughts...how do you deal when you feel yourself getting dragged down with them?
I usually immerse myself in reading reading and reading, or I start cleaning, or reorganizing my closet, or running, or walking my dog. I many times have to remember to "stay in the moment"...so sometimes just doing the dishes becomes something that is zen.

It's hard, but you will pull through.

And sometimes, you just need to give yourself permission to take some time just to think those dang thoughts and get them over with. Try writing them in a journal, I do this and it helps me just get them out of my head.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I go to the gym and work out or go for a long walk.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Physical exercise always helps me too - if I can get one foot in front of the other & move that is.

Channeling that energy into something on my to-do list & spending that time accomplishing something always changes my frame of mind.... I tend to let go of whatever's bothering me & feel really productive getting something off my list.

Watching some junky fluff TV helps sometimes, but I find that it sometimes encourages my bad mood instead so I try to step away from the TV, lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I remember the determination & words of a silly litte cartoon character from my granddaughters movies "Chicken Little"

"Today is a New Day"

I remember that today starts whenever I want it to start - at 9 am or 11 pm ~ I can have whatever kind of day I want ~ even if it is just before I close my eyes to go to sleep I can say "HP, you and I made it thru today, I know that You & I will make it thru tomorrow."

PINK HUGS for strength, courage and wisdom

Rita