My boyfriend drank a 12-pack in 6 hours...

Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
Cyranoak--

I don't think that just because I have had issues and struggles means that I won't be a good mother. EVERYONE has issues and struggles. There are no perfect people. I don't know anyone who doesn't struggle with something. Sure your daughter had issues and you had issues parenting but that doesn't mean she wouldn't have wanted to be born, or born into your family. My own family has issues and struggles but I am happy to be here and feel that my parents love me very much despite their difficulties.

How do I delete my account? I think this is mean place and I don't want to be here anymore. Someone please delete it for me.
I actually think people weren't that mean...I feel like if it were someone else who made this thread, people would have come down on them harder.

If he's an alcoholic, it will get worse, the three C's, etc.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Pigtails...

but what I said, even if it sounded mean, was with the best interests of your potential child at heart. You don't have to agree, but not everything you disagree with is mean, not everything that is unpleasant to hear is mean, and not every observation is a personal attack on you.

If you can't hear things like this without being defensive and without having an open mind, finding solutions to the problems that brought you here will be very, very difficult.

To find your answers, you have to open your mind, be strong, and really consider what you hear from others, especially if it offends you. If you think that, right now at this moment, you and your man can be good parents considering your challenges with drugs and alcohol, than God bless you and that child.

Take care,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
Cyranoak--

I don't think that just because I have had issues and struggles means that I won't be a good mother. EVERYONE has issues and struggles. There are no perfect people. I don't know anyone who doesn't struggle with something. Sure your daughter had issues and you had issues parenting but that doesn't mean she wouldn't have wanted to be born, or born into your family. My own family has issues and struggles but I am happy to be here and feel that my parents love me very much despite their difficulties.

How do I delete my account? I think this is mean place and I don't want to be here anymore. Someone please delete it for me.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah but seriously, look at the contrast between this thread and this other one: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ust-again.html
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think that everyone has had a chance to add their own 2 cents. So for now, this thread is closed.