SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Trading in the Golf Cart for a Boat... moving to the coast!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/266820-trading-golf-cart-boat-moving-coast.html)

Hopeworks 08-30-2012 07:52 PM

Trading in the Golf Cart for a Boat... moving to the coast!!!!

Well... for those of you who followed my crazy story and breakup with my XA after he relapsed 7 months ago and went on a 4 month bender in Las Vegas I have news.

When the XA relapsed back in March of this year it 10 days after we moved into the house HE WANTED in a golf community when I had wanted to move to the coast so I could enjoy the ocean and fishing... my passion. We did what he wanted to do.

The XA sobered up and checked into a rehab after his Las Vegas debacle had (note the had) been sober for 3 months and a few weeks ago showed up back in Florida so we could settle our financial affairs since I would NOT CONSIDER getting back together with him. I was generous and he left with a car and a wad a cash 2 weeks ago and was listening to XA speakers as he headed west back to Arizona where he now resides. His intentions were good... but he listened to his alcoholic voice ... he always does.

He didn't make it 24 hours and was gambling and drinking and got a DUI in Lousiana and got stuck there in the hurricane!

What an idiot. He is no longer my idiot. Thank you SR for helping keep me strong when he was so sweet and pitiful with tears in his eyes promising that he was a CHANGED MAN and would NEVER EVER DRINK AGAIN!!! I wouldn't even let him give me a hug and boy I sure wanted to. He looked great, sounded great and my chemicals, hormones were doing their best to sway me... but I was strong!!!! Yeah!!!! We can do it!!!!

So... anyhoooooow ... I have decided to rent the house in the golf community and have already rented a place on the water on the coast of Florida.

I am happy, joyous and free and going to live my dreams that got sidetracked by Mr. Selfish and Entitled.

And the quacking one can keep on quacking all the way to Arizona or where ever his alcoholic adventures take him and I will just keep blocking his phone numbers so he can no longer bother me.

So... moral of the story. It takes time... it has been seven months and I am so over him! No anxiety, no sleepless nights, no tears, no drama... just peace and serenity.

So ... hang in there!!!!!! It gets better... it gets unbelievably better! Now I have lots of friends in my golf community (I learned how to play golf and am good at it) and I already have lots of new friends in my coastal boating community!

And it can happen to you too... don't give up your dreams!

transformyself 08-31-2012 03:03 AM

yes!!!

So... moral of the story. It takes time... it has been seven months and I am so over him! No anxiety, no sleepless nights, no tears, no drama... just peace and serenity.
Don't give up your dream. Wonderful advice.

sweetteewalls 08-31-2012 03:10 AM

Great post..gives me something to look forward to!