Surprise, surprise, he relapsed...

Old 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surprise, surprise, he relapsed...

So why the heck am I feeling more codependent than ever?? I guess because it's been the weekend from hell. I think I posted on Friday that xABF dropped by around 9 that night. Since he can no longer reach me via phone or email, he feels entitled to come by at his whim. Yesterday, he brought his daughter back into the whole thing, saying how much she's been asking about me, and finally saying he was bringing her by the house today. I never answered, so my doorbell rings at 10:00 last night. I told him to leave, but then when I went to the kitchen, he was at the back door trying the knob!! He went back to the front door and kept ringing it. He even denied having been at the back door. And of course accused me of being with someone, so it was obvious he'd been drinking. I looked in the driveway and he was in his moms car....his way around the breathalyzer. I called the police, but by the time they arrived, he was gone. I told them what he was driving, and that he was out for a DUI and should've had to blow to drive. Obviously they never caught up with him because he emailed again today. I ended up staying on a friends couch for fear he'd come back more drunk

I told him via email that he had to get his things or I was filing the eviction notice. I ended up meeting him at Stabucks to give him all of his daughters clothes since school starts tomorrow. I know he took her shopping, but I still can't believe he hasn't picked up all her socks, undies, etc! I guess it just shows how delusional he was that they would be back living here at some point.
I realize now that I shouldn't have seen him today. I'm tired and emotional, and all I could think was how much I loved him at one point, and how handsome he looked. What is wrong with me?? Ugh, busting out some Melody Beattie tonight! It's just been a long, lonely weekend. I'm so ready for someone to BUY my HOUSE so I can move away from this!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry, bluebonnet. Please stay strong. We're always here for support and yeah, a little Melody Beattie sounds like a good thing.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BlueBonnett,
How awful and frightening that must have been. Shame on him for using his daughter to try and manipulate you. You seem very strong and seem to know what to do when the codependent behaviors or thoughts rear their ugly little heads. Hang in there.
MamaKit
Old 08-26-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

You are a stronger woman than I, BlueBonnet, because I simply could not see AXBF right now, for fear the pain of his betrayal would overwhelm me. Either that or I wouldn't be able to control myself and PUNCH HIM square in his face.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Melody Beattie is my favorite fall back for those moments of pure torture, be it of my own making or not! It always helps to get my head back on straight!

This is tough - hang in there and stay strong! Prayers for a quiet evening with no drama.
~T
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, so all of his and his daughter's things are out of your place? Time for a restraining order? Reading that he showed up at 10pm and was at the back door trying the knob brought back memories of an XAB. I met him 3 weeks after we broke up and I went NC. He took great delight in telling me everything I had done in the past 3 weeks from doing laundry to meeting a friend for dinner...scared me to death to know that he had been following me. Please be safe.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Frequently Asked Questions | Goodwill Industries International, Inc.

Does Goodwill make house calls to pick up donations?
Most Goodwills make house calls for furniture or other large items that are hard to transport. Contact your local Goodwill to find out whether or not pick-up service is available in your community.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Either that or I wouldn't be able to control myself and PUNCH HIM square in his face.
LMAO:rotfxko

hey now, i can bring a shovel and NO QUESTIONS ASKED...lol
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Sadly, many drunks find a way around the breathalyzer machine & drive another car or just do drugs. It's obvious he is out of control & dangerous.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Can you get a restraining order?

It sounds to me like you need one. Continue to call the Cops when he comes by...and STOP seeing him! Don't answer his calls,his emails, don't meet him anywhere...the more you give into his demands the more he thinks it's okay to make them....

So sorry for what you're going through, it sounds really difficult =(