Friends and Family Hall of Fame MVP nominations

Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have gotten so much from L2L, LaTeeDa, MsPinkAcres, and Dandylion. I also love reading EnglishGarden's posts.

Yet, I find that everyone here has something to offer and something we can learn from. Every post I read enhances my spiritual walk and strengthens me. Thanks to everyone here for coming here daily to share!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
BarbDwyer (Deb) said to tell everyone Hi. She says she's coming up on 6 yrs. sober. Still finishing school. She appreciated being mentioned here.
That's awesome Hevyn, thanks for sharing. I had hoped Algebra did not do her in... I know I came very close to insanity myself during that semester...

Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Many people have great perspective and advice, and you can tell who the folks are who have many years of experience with alcoholism, drug addiction and recovery, especially the folks who have been in AA, NA, and Al-Anon for many years, even decades. But I value and appreciate EVERYONE's input and posts equally, from the newcomer to the oldtimer. That's how it works for me. I come here because EVERYONE reminds me of who I am, what I need to work on; and reminds me that I am human and easily fall back into the same struggles. And although I personally appreciate everyone's sentiments about those who seem wise, helpful, and learned, I choose to be grateful to my Higher Power for bringing everyone into my life in this format. You are all a gift and add peace and sanity to my life.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I know, Tuffgirl. I failed Algebra I twice. Simply did not get it, and still don't.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I know, Tuffgirl. I failed Algebra I twice. Simply did not get it, and still don't.
Don't feel bad, nobody needs algebra in the real world anyway! LOL
Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am deeply touched by the mention of my name...I truly am.

I am always uncomfortable with this subject because I want each and every person here to realize they are just as integral to these forums as any else. I am an equal to everyone here.

As the years go by and I am further from that last drink/drug...and the horribly painful years of screaming untreated codependency, complacency is something I have to be aware of. This is why newcomers are so very important to me. I can relate and it takes me back to those days I never want to live again. I must not forget my past, and the newcomers keep me from complacency.

I get something from everyone's posts, even those who get under my skin. That tells me it's time for a personal inventory and to discover where that irritation is coming from!

I am so grateful that I am alive in a time that has the technology to connect with people from all over the world. This has been an incredible opportunity to give back what was so freely given to me.

God bless each and every one of you in your life's journey!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
I can understand the need to move on but.....to never come back again and see how their old friends are doing or sharing their new happiness....just seems a little, I don't know, kind of cold to me. IMO!!

Maybe someone could explain it better to me??
Well some peoples lives change and become busier so they don't have a lot of time. Or, they could move somewhere where they don't have internet access at home and have to go to an Internet Cafe. It's not personal.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I get something from everyone's posts, even those who get under my skin
*snikers* don't you just hate that! LMAO (but you are sooo right about it)