Where is anvilhead?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I have only been here for a year, but I miss her, too. It sort of feels like a death in the family---or at least, a missing person. I feel very sad.

If we just had some kind of reassurance that she is o.k., it would help a lot.

The drastic nature of the exit just seems out of character and is concerning.

In many ways, we are a sort of "family" on this board and when one of our own goes missing we worry and hurt. I would like to say that if anyone knows anything that would
put us at peace, I think it would be a good thing to share it. Even a general statement, with good authority, sparing details (if necessary), would go a long way.

dandylion
Old 08-24-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

PEACE and LOVE, Anvilhead. Thanks for all your help and wise words.
Have a happy and fulfilling life!!
***HUGS***

Limiya
Old 08-24-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

As a victim of internet stalking, I would like to share my ESH.

Through her posts, her real first name and her partner's real first name are known. Her line of work and her partner's line of work. Her state of residence. Her history as she has shared. Pictures of her home and family pets.

I know from firsthand experience that a nefarious party with only a bit of information can leverage it, causing online behavior to drastically change pattern for the victim. This is why there is no personally identifying information about me, in my posts, as I'm sure folks have wondered.

These things can happen, and they are real.

We do not know, and we do not know motives, as to the pattern change of online behavior, but there are many reasons why a pattern could change.

CLMI
Old 08-24-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Anvil, I will miss you and will forever remember your words of wisdom. Thank you for everything you have contributed here at SR. You made an impact on me. You always made me think. I am grateful for that. You will be missed.

Peace and love to you.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

In the perfect world, the one I allow my mind to visit, I envision Anvil writing the best "Tell it Like it Really is" addiction and recovery book. I will keep my eyes peeled when I visit the book store. I am certain it would be in the New National Best Sellers section, with amazing reviews. Anvil does have a gift, and so many could benefit from her words of wisdom and healing.

Whatever she chooses, I will always hold her very dear to my heart and be forever grateful for the time she took to share of herself.

Safe travels, my friend.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I have been told by a couple of people that she has indeed moved on and requested that her history on this site be removed. I do not know the reason, but I respect her decision.

Bummer for us, though.

L
Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

Whatever Anvil's reasons for leaving, they are hers and hers alone.

Although, I too looked forward to her advice on my posts. They were always so straight forward and right to the point. I always knew that if she answered something I wrote it was going to be an eye opener for me and a much needed kick in the pants.

So, thanks to Anvil for all your words of wisdom that have helped me in these past few months and I wish you well.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

In the perfect world, the one I allow my mind to visit, I envision Anvil writing the best "Tell it Like it Really is" addiction and recovery book. I will keep my eyes peeled when I visit the book store. I am certain it would be in the New National Best Sellers section, with amazing reviews. Anvil does have a gift, and so many could benefit from her words of wisdom and healing.
Amen.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'll miss her too. Goodbye Anvil!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

maybe one day....she just may surprise us all and come back

she will be sadly missed...she helped my LISTEN and GROW with her back bone attitude...