Is there any reason to stay?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Has she shown you a scan picture?
Has she shown you a positive pregnancy test or done one in front of you?
Has she been drinking a lot this last three months and is she not drinking now she's pregnant? Foetal Alcohol syndrome is horrific and unforgiveable?

I think you need to ask her these questions do you?

xxxx
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
Has she shown you a scan picture?
Has she shown you a positive pregnancy test or done one in front of you?
Has she been drinking a lot this last three months and is she not drinking now she's pregnant? Foetal Alcohol syndrome is horrific and unforgiveable?

I think you need to ask her these questions do you?

xxxx
Yikes - the last one especially jumped out at me.

Prayers to you today and strength for the days to come.
~T
Old 08-17-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Lord Have Mercy

Hello:

To leave or stay, that is the question.

Here is an AMAZING checklist of questions, if you want to do what I did, then you should answer each one, and keep score.

Link: Web Article / Questions / Stay or Leave?

I had 24 "good" answers indicating stay, and 19 "bad" answers indicating leave.

I left. The thing about the other man is just too much, that's what hurt me bad enough to leave, for my own sanity and protection. To shield myself from the pain.

Good luck...
Old 08-17-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So she is going to abort the "baby" she told me today. I told her I had to lust on the divorce if she was pregnant and that is what she told me. We have great health insurance, and she is using the line, my husband left me, to get sympathy and a "free" abortion.

I told her she is crazy to do that, and she should use the insurance. But she won't. I really still don't think she is pregnant. The dates just don't add up and the fact that she told me 2 weeks ago that she went to the free clinic and they told her she was infertile. I would think they would have tested her then.

Crap, she is messing with my head! I am going to start working on the divorce papers next week. I can't take this. I am not a person who likes all this drama.

She also told me she had no idea I was unhappy in our marriage. REALLY? she drank everyday, and cheated twice in less than 6 months? How could I be happy? Not that I really expect her to understand that. And goodness, she must not have been happy, happy people don't drink them selfs sick every day and look for a boyfriend when they are married!

I think I'm reaching the anger stage. It is about time.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sounds like a crazy situation. Why would you want to stay with her? Make a list of pros and cons. That really helped me sort out reasons to stay in or leave my marriage of 16 years. I left. There was just waaay too much water under the proverbial bridge.

Judge the alcoholic by their actions. In my own case, my AH was telling me "You're my wife, I love you, I want my family" and all the while he was drinking and doing nothing constructive. He was even using a dating website.

Get on with your life. You don't want a woman who drinks, lies, cheats on you, etc. That is NO way to live, and it will only get worse. You are young; don't waste any more time on this loser!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I feel I need to clarify.

I posted the question "is there any reason to stay?" Wondering if I was missing something, most likely it was doubt that she placed in my head by saying things like I'm abandoning my family.

I know I'm leaving, and I knew it when I first posted here. Thank you all for your support. It has really helped me see I made the correct choice.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You need hard evidence that she is pregnant.

You need to push and push her to give you evidence -be it a test, paperwork, a doctors agreement.

If this is another lie, another way to manipulate you, and there is no baby, then you can walk away and not look back. You have no links to her at all. If there is no baby you cannot abandon her can you?

Sometimes you can spend years arguing about 'I did not know you were unhappy', 'You knew I was unhappy' and go round and round in circles. All the time this is happening, your missing out on a peaceful life and the chance to move forward, meet someone else and be happy.