Is it manipulative...

Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Also, is this person acting from a pure stance of love and concern? Or is this person trying to control and manipulate? I think only you can decide that. I see so many warning signs that this person is trying to mold you and conform you into being what they think is good and right. What do YOU want? What makes YOU happy? Some soul searching might be good to do about now. Never allow someone to make you feel less than you are (some people do this and try to take your personal power away)...and some people do this just to make themselves feel better about themselves and it's not right.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lateeda View Post
repeat after me:

"gotta go now.."

"oh, someone's at the door..."

"i was just on my way out the door..."

you don't have to have these conversations choublak.

L
perfect!!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it's from a stance of love and concern. She just doesn't know how to communicate very well, which she has admitted before.

Some years ago, when I was 20-something, she actually told me, "I wish you dressed more preppy than you do so I could dress you up in cute clothes" and bought me clothes that SHE wanted me to wear. But I'm "over" that, I guess.

I dwell on things a lot, a trait which my mom never hesitates to point out.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JrsJourney View Post
Also, is this person acting from a pure stance of love and concern? Or is this person trying to control and manipulate? I think only you can decide that. I see so many warning signs that this person is trying to mold you and conform you into being what they think is good and right. What do YOU want? What makes YOU happy? Some soul searching might be good to do about now. Never allow someone to make you feel less than you are (some people do this and try to take your personal power away)...and some people do this just to make themselves feel better about themselves and it's not right.
I've given this some thought, and I think it's that she believes if I don't do certain things at the speed she thinks they should be done, I will be in trouble down the road and I will fail in life. She also told me that I'm breaking her heart because I'm not taking advantage of opportunities I have now and that I'm going to be sorry later on in the future. I'm trying to figure out what to do, but apparently I'm not doing so fast enough (for her, anyway). I have done a lot of soul searching, actually, which she feels is impractical and a waste of time.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Repeat after me:

"Gotta go now.."

"Oh, someone's at the door..."

"I was just on my way out the door..."

You don't have to have these conversations. PERIOD L
so agree with this...and that is what i learned in my program...