He drinks now and then...

Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

When I went to Dominican Republic with a dozen friends we stayed at a all inclusive resort and I'll be the first to tell you I had more than two drinks during the course of a day. But I still stayed true to form and never over indulged and I also became very uncomfortable when others had too much. Vacation mode is really just that, vacation mode.

Having said that, if I were dating some one and they kept up with me I probably would have freaked.. LOL., I'm a mess
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ARealLady View Post

So the "what happens" with the new fellow is that he gets to a state that begins to make me uncomfortable. He's not fall down drunk but he has had too much to drink by my standards. You know...two beers he's OK but three are too many. He's louder and kind of aggressive sounding/belligerent.
Well maybe there is the problem. Maybe he isn't a drunk, but it seems you are not comfortable with his personality when he does drink.
Life experiences changes us. You are no longer comfortable with someone who drinks much at all. There's nothing wrong with that...and there are plenty of men out there who don't drink, or drink very minimally.

Even if he is not alcoholic, (assuming he is not) loud behavior, aggressive, and belligerent are not attractive nor intelligent traits.
Maybe you want a man that is more...self-aware? Enlightened?