Things are coming to a head tomorrow

Old 07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things are coming to a head tomorrow

Have to go to court tomorrow for custody of daughter. I love my daughter with all my hear. She would drive me to an early grave with a smile on her face. I hope I never treated my parents that way. Usually, I ran myself ragged living up to everyone's expectations. I am at a loss for words, feelings, and thoughts. Just going to pray about it and keep asking to do God's will.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you trying to regain custody of her?...or what is the hearing about? How old is she?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sparklingeyes View Post
Have to go to court tomorrow for custody of daughter. I love my daughter with all my hear. She would drive me to an early grave with a smile on her face. I hope I never treated my parents that way. Usually, I ran myself ragged living up to everyone's expectations. I am at a loss for words, feelings, and thoughts. Just going to pray about it and keep asking to do God's will.
praying for you!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm praying for your daughter.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You live with an abusive man,don't work, don't have a car and take rides from strange men, flash your boobs at them and you feel that your daughter is better off living with you rather than your parents?

Shaking my head in disbelief.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Are you trying to regain custody of her?...or what is the hearing about? How old is she?
I was wondering the same.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for your prayers and not judging me. I'm not perfect but I try. Having a teenager isn't easy, especially when she is extremely brilliant.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would never judge you. Just trying to understand here. I know that you are looking for help, people to talk to, but you really don't give us enough to go on. Can you please give us a better picture.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Now, I must have you confused with someone else,

I thought you were in your early 20's?

Regardless, being with an active alkie is not going to have a positive impression with the court/judge.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No, BF is mid 20s. Guess SparklingEyes is older?

I'm confused, too. But I wish SE well and hope it all turns out in the best interest of the teenager since that is what such a custody hearing should be about.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Actually, in most states, a teenager's own wishes would be the most weighty aspect of a custody hearing. And having two teenagers of my own, I will say that no matter how much a parent wants to have custody of a child, I hope the court listens to your daughter. I've seen several instances of when a court goes against a teenager's wish, and I've never seen it end well.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

You live with an abusive man,don't work, don't have a car and take rides from strange men, flash your boobs at them and you feel that your daughter is better off living with you rather than your parents?

Shaking my head in disbelief.
Yep. I think SE is having a blast here. So much doesn't add up.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
Yep. I think SE is having a blast here. So much doesn't add up.
Anyone whO has ever lived with alcoholic can smell bs a mile away.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Sparklingeyes- how are you getting to court?
Are your parents or the father of your daughter fighting with you over custody?
I'm confused. Do you want her to come and live with you and your bf?

What is the hearing about?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

So! How's Ms. Sparkingeyes doing today? Do you have an update for us? How did court go?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

bumping..
Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I sure hope you're ok Sparkling eyes. I see you're here about every day, but no update on this thread?

How did court go? Are you ok??
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX View Post
Anyone whO has ever lived with alcoholic can smell bs a mile away.
Wow!!! That's a great point!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have to go to court again; however, I spoke with my daughter's attorney and told her that I want my daughter but what will make my daughter happy trumps what I want. Her father's death certificate was presented to me since I was in denial and shock about his suicide. It's still very difficult to swallow that he threw himself in front of a train. His addiction won. It destroyed him. There's some guilt left over because I left him when she was four years old
The same tape plays over and over..if only I had.....then he may have recovered from addiction. Thank you all for your care and concern.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sparkling eyes,

I too had someone very close to me commit suicide, a man I was involved with, I'll leave it at that, no details necessary.
I would like to point out to you that there are grief forums for survivors of suicide and also that talking to a professional about this is important. Survivors of suicide are left with so many unanswered questions that can never be answered, along with the "what ifs" which I know very well that feeling.
Suicide acceptance is very hard, I know, been there. Do not cheat yourself out of working through that issue successfully, feel what you need to feel and get the help you need. It is one of the most difficult things to try to work through alone, and it is so much better to work it through with someone who understands.
As for your daughter, well at this point with the way she feels it may be better that you don't live with her. However the future will always be wide open for a close loving relationship with her, so keep your chin up that your relationship has the potential to be much improved should you work on doing that and making her a priority in your life.
Teenage girls can be very judgmental. But it is a phase and this too will pass should you do the necessary work to be close and loving. If you neglect to work through the issues between you she may alienate you forever.