SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Things are coming to a head tomorrow (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/263945-things-coming-head-tomorrow.html)

sparklingeyes 07-30-2012 11:12 AM

Things are coming to a head tomorrow

Have to go to court tomorrow for custody of daughter. I love my daughter with all my hear. She would drive me to an early grave with a smile on her face. I hope I never treated my parents that way. Usually, I ran myself ragged living up to everyone's expectations. I am at a loss for words, feelings, and thoughts. Just going to pray about it and keep asking to do God's will.

tjp613 07-30-2012 12:15 PM

Are you trying to regain custody of her?...or what is the hearing about? How old is she?

rdlesstraveled 07-30-2012 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by sparklingeyes (Post 3511815)
Have to go to court tomorrow for custody of daughter. I love my daughter with all my hear. She would drive me to an early grave with a smile on her face. I hope I never treated my parents that way. Usually, I ran myself ragged living up to everyone's expectations. I am at a loss for words, feelings, and thoughts. Just going to pray about it and keep asking to do God's will.

praying for you!

gerryP 07-30-2012 01:42 PM

I'm praying for your daughter.

dollydo 07-30-2012 03:07 PM

You live with an abusive man,don't work, don't have a car and take rides from strange men, flash your boobs at them and you feel that your daughter is better off living with you rather than your parents?

Shaking my head in disbelief.

XXXXXXXXXX 07-30-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by tjp613 (Post 3511889)
Are you trying to regain custody of her?...or what is the hearing about? How old is she?

I was wondering the same.

sparklingeyes 07-30-2012 05:06 PM

Thank you for your prayers and not judging me. I'm not perfect but I try. Having a teenager isn't easy, especially when she is extremely brilliant.

amy55 07-30-2012 06:03 PM

I would never judge you. Just trying to understand here. I know that you are looking for help, people to talk to, but you really don't give us enough to go on. Can you please give us a better picture.

marie1960 07-30-2012 06:15 PM

Now, I must have you confused with someone else,

I thought you were in your early 20's?

Regardless, being with an active alkie is not going to have a positive impression with the court/judge.

Hypatia 07-30-2012 06:20 PM

No, BF is mid 20s. Guess SparklingEyes is older?

I'm confused, too. But I wish SE well and hope it all turns out in the best interest of the teenager since that is what such a custody hearing should be about.

lillamy 07-31-2012 09:46 AM

Actually, in most states, a teenager's own wishes would be the most weighty aspect of a custody hearing. And having two teenagers of my own, I will say that no matter how much a parent wants to have custody of a child, I hope the court listens to your daughter. I've seen several instances of when a court goes against a teenager's wish, and I've never seen it end well.

transformyself 08-01-2012 02:44 AM

You live with an abusive man,don't work, don't have a car and take rides from strange men, flash your boobs at them and you feel that your daughter is better off living with you rather than your parents?

Shaking my head in disbelief.
Yep. I think SE is having a blast here. So much doesn't add up.

XXXXXXXXXX 08-01-2012 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by transformyself (Post 3514247)
Yep. I think SE is having a blast here. So much doesn't add up.

Anyone whO has ever lived with alcoholic can smell bs a mile away.

transformyself 08-01-2012 03:55 AM

Sparklingeyes- how are you getting to court?
Are your parents or the father of your daughter fighting with you over custody?
I'm confused. Do you want her to come and live with you and your bf?

What is the hearing about?

transformyself 08-02-2012 11:55 AM

So! How's Ms. Sparkingeyes doing today? Do you have an update for us? How did court go?

transformyself 08-03-2012 11:51 AM

bumping..

transformyself 08-08-2012 08:41 PM

I sure hope you're ok Sparkling eyes. I see you're here about every day, but no update on this thread?

How did court go? Are you ok??

Recover53 08-09-2012 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX (Post 3514249)
Anyone whO has ever lived with alcoholic can smell bs a mile away.

Wow!!! That's a great point!!!

sparklingeyes 08-09-2012 05:53 AM

I have to go to court again; however, I spoke with my daughter's attorney and told her that I want my daughter but what will make my daughter happy trumps what I want. Her father's death certificate was presented to me since I was in denial and shock about his suicide. It's still very difficult to swallow that he threw himself in front of a train. His addiction won. It destroyed him. There's some guilt left over because I left him when she was four years old
The same tape plays over and over..if only I had.....then he may have recovered from addiction. Thank you all for your care and concern.